Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Class Changes Thread Feedback, Comments Welcome Here
Strider
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 12:19 AM
Quote Post

PowerMuchkinGamer

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 186

As you may have noticed, we have a new Pinned topic today regarding the changes we've made on Dreu Noctem to classes & feats.

Feel free to post comments or changes here. smile.gif

--------------------
Neil "Strider" Looby
DM Avatar: Zerroffe Traptripper
NWN Screen Shots Gallery
Dreu Noctem Characters

Sometimes you burn a bridge. Othertimes you have to napalm it.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Maerlande
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

The Hard One

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 335

Questions regarding curse song. I'm not sure if it's related to new stuff or classic NWN.

1) What kind of damage are the temp hps? I noticed formians resisting it and I'm confused.

2) Do the song extension feast affect it?

--------------------
Lil'Higgy: *runs back to group at max speed* "Oh wait, I found more. Oh I forgot! Did I tell you about my mom's pies?" *runs ahead again*

Adonis: "Higgy! Would you shut up?"

Lil'Higgy: "Oh sure! dum dee dum dee da da doo" *hums madly*
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
whitetower
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Member No.: 199

1. negitive energy (I'm pretty sure)

1. yes

whitetower

--------------------
Kallicat don't tell me you're another one who thinks live fast, die young and leave a pretty corpse :P
whitetower not a chance. no one respects you till yer old, I want respect :P
PMEmail PosterMSN
Duster47
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Klingons Don't Cuddle

Member No.: 83

QUOTE (whitetower @ Sep 8 2005, 02:25 PM)
1. negitive energy (I'm pretty sure)

1. yes

whitetower

1. Nope. Curse Song does Sonic damage. It is a song afterall. Re: Formians - they have substantial ear-muffs per MM v3.5.
2. Yes - very nicely.

--------------------
'etlhwIj mujatlhvaD

Klingon - My sword shall speak for me.

+++ HouSe of martok +++

muvoQchu' (they have faith in me clearly) - P23/F4 -miner/blacksmith of fine weapons and armor

Sabomchu'meH (I sing clearly for you) - Bard21/Barb2 - tanner/tailor & fletcher

SanejmeH (I search for you) - Bard21 - jeweler, fletcher & alchemist

SateHchu' puqloD Sabomchu'meH je muvoQchu' (I-am-true-to-you-clearly son of Sabomchu'meH and muvoQchu') - Ranger12

bangLi'teH puqbe' Sabomchu'meH je muvoQchu' (love-your-be-true daughter of Sabomchu'meH and muvoQchu') - C5/P1

+++ frienDS of tlhe HouSe of martok +++

jIyoHbej (I be-brave certainly) - Barbarian10/F6 - mercenary
PMEmail Poster
Maerlande
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

The Hard One

Great, thanks guys. That explains it. I was thinking it sure shouldn't be fire damage smile.gif

--------------------
Lil'Higgy: *runs back to group at max speed* "Oh wait, I found more. Oh I forgot! Did I tell you about my mom's pies?" *runs ahead again*

PMEmail PosterICQMSN
Maerlande
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

The Hard One

Btw, I don't believe there is such thing as Harper 6. Unless it's been added in EMS. If so that's a thing to note.

At 6th level Harper's Splendor improves to grant See Invisible as per the spell.

--------------------

PMEmail PosterICQMSN
dave
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

Read how harper caster levels are calculated for spellcasting purposes again. Maybe it should be reworded or clarified, but if you max out your Harper levels and have 6 or more bard levels, your harper abilities use your bard caster level.

-d.

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
azmaveth
Posted: Dec 5 2005, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

ATS Chew Toy

Member No.: 144

Assassin Stealthy Visage is actually turns per level instead of hours per level. This might just affect the Ghostly Visage part of the ability, as I don't yet have enough assassin levels for the other bonuses.

-az
PMEmail Poster
arQon
Posted: Nov 23 2006, 04:32 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

BG's can actually take ET - something that isn't possible in stock NWN (BW screwup).

Reason I was looking at the classes thread was to see which classes could take Epic Stats with bonus feats (that they can't in NWN) so it might be worth adding those: the big one is correcting the stupidity of GreatWIS for COT to GreatCHA, and adding that for PAL and BG as well, but I know one or two of the DEX classes had GreatDEX added too.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
azmaveth
Posted: May 11 2007, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

ATS Chew Toy

Although we're somewhat inactive, it would probably be good to put up information about the Eldritch Knight class.
PMEmail Poster
Strider
Posted: May 14 2007, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

PowerMuchkinGamer

Member No.: 186

I'm all but inactive now adays (Baby Pic!) so if someone wants to edit it, go for it. I don't even know anything much about the class myself. smile.gif

--------------------
Neil "Strider" Looby
DM Avatar: Zerroffe Traptripper
NWN Screen Shots Gallery
Dreu Noctem Characters

Sometimes you burn a bridge. Othertimes you have to napalm it.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
azmaveth
Posted: May 14 2007, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

ATS Chew Toy

Good grief, she's getting so big already! Tell 'lil Mara to slow it down a bit. laugh.gif

I'll see about putting something up for the EKs. I just need to look up the exact info again so I don't mess it up. IIRC, it's full bab, +1 CLvl on even levels, and I forget the saves. Fort + Will? I'll go search the threads for the info to double check.
PMEmail Poster
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: May 19 2007, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

Ok, with EK.. I have one I am playing now and took her to the trainer to check spell progress. At the moment I am Ftr1/Wiz4/EK4. Now I have a couple of (by bringing up spells) level 4 spells, but.. I cannot actually 'learn from the scrolls' until my 5th level of EK. Oh btw... you do NOT get the spell choices screen at ANY time when you are leveling up as EK, so bear that in mind when you go scroll hunting. So I went up to level 10 taking EK(5) with trainer and learned my level 4 scrolls, and at level 9 EK I had level 5 spell slots available, but could not 'learn' them until my 10th level EK.

Now, having a blast with her, finally a spellcaster that I can totally forget that she's not a tank.. and actually be able to tank! WooHoo! Great to have those spells (albeit cast even with seq stones naked) and being able to get right there in the action.

Ok, now 15th level back to Wizzie.. but I can only learn 2 spells? And only 2 spells? Ok, now here's where the disadvantage comes in... if you want to be able to have all those nice level 3, 4 and 5 spells.. then you better start buying stock in scrolls... heh ehh. You don't learn 2 spells from each level but only the 2... anytime from then on. So, if you want 3 level 4 spells, a couple of 5's when you level up.. grab some scrolls to learn 'cause that's the only way you are going to build up a book.. buying scrolls and learning them :-)

Oh, I took her Wizzie until epics.. I think level 22 (to make sure and get a few level 9 spells), then took rest as EK to get the extra feats as well as Epic EK. Forgot to take a screenie, but dual kukri's, with hmm 30 ab to start I think since I boosted Int only, and I think I wound up having 37 Int, 44 ac and 55 Disc when buffed. Not too bad I reckon with arsenal of pets. Can also drop a few biggie spells, but have to make sure I am buffed well since I'll have to cast nekked! :-D And probably could get better as I don't think all the spells worked as they do on DN, that and I was limited as well on spells and had to make my own DN eq for a few things.

Ohh Kev, went and took pick lock and still had over 20 skill points left for cripes sake lol Anyhoo I think I got to 16 or so, but I started at level 1 too with trainer. Oh well, can still put points in that and open lock I reckon. If I can't get it open I'll just blast it lol

And a Big WOOT for Neil joining Kev & I this am!! Was Great to see you!!

EDIT: Oh and for Auto Metas.. the ones we have to have are Extend and Empower? Of course with the other req's like Int and Spellcraft yes? I did pick up those two when leveling as wizzie after 15.

This post has been edited by Emaleth_Donnelaith on May 19 2007, 10:35 AM

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
arQon
Posted: May 19 2007, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

> Oh and for Auto Metas..

Autometas ONLY apply to True Epic casters, sorry. In other words, you need 21+ levels of a casting class, which is not the same thing as "having an Effective Caster Level of 21+", i.e. even Wiz20/EKx doesn't make you eligible for them.

(This is by design, BECAUSE PrC's are so superior to the base classes. Allowing PM and EK levels to influence ECL is fine, but ONLY an Epic Wizard is truely an Epic Wizard. Otherwise, there'd be no point to EVER taking more than 15 Wizard levels, because Wiz15/PM10 would have the exact same number of spells, cast at the same "power", but with better saves, more HP, more AC, and Crit Immunity).

So, you probably want to use those Metamagic feats for something else: either +INT (for bonus spells and higher DCs) or additional combat feats, etc.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: May 19 2007, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

Oie, yeah that makes sense Kev. Mind blanked there for a bit. Ok, well since I never remember to actually put spells in extra slots like that..lol, will take feats that I will use instead! Now Morty should have taken meta's then, oh well, haven't played him in ages so will have to remember to grab them the next time I play a major spellcaster.

Coffee then going in! :-)

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Achaea Armory - Strategy Forum | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0276 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]