Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Barbarian Rage Customizations
dave
Posted: Jul 9 2005, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

We've tinkered with some experimental changes to barbarians. There is some more stuff we may or may not do; if nothign else, rewriting a couple scripts in EMS has to happen at some point anyway.

Stuff that's currently live:

*) Barbs receive 1 use of rage per day per level. We've added custom feedback since your hotkeyed feats will not give an accurate reliable count:

user posted image

This is roughly 4x the number of rages you get in normal NWN/PnP. It is modelled on the Bard song uses/day as a balancing reference point. We may or may not consider adding Extended Rage and Extra Rage feats, though I'm not sure that's necessary any more. Feedback is invited.

Barbarians also get one more bonus feat while enraged:

user posted image

This is to compensate somewhat for Uncanny Dodge not working as advertised. The functionality overlaps, and I'm told "Monster Uncanny Reflex" is more reliable.

We have some other ideas, some of which are doable in a reasonable way, some of which are not. If you have any suggestions or ideas or feedback, speak up. Another project that may get some attention is the creation of a few more items for barbs.

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
nicethugbert
Posted: Jul 10 2005, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 385

Awesome!

Extended rage would be a very very good thing.

Extra Rage would concievably be a good thing for multiclass barbs.

When does the barb tumble thing kick in?

--------------------
<ambiguous>If you focus on the rose you will miss the danger of the thorns.</ambiguous>
If you focus on the rose you will miss the beauty of the thorns, eh, huh, eh, uh hmm aah ... ;)
My Toons
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Jul 10 2005, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

QUOTE (nicethugbert @ Jul 10 2005, 08:36 AM)
When does the barb tumble thing kick in?

Not until we revise the HAK list required. I still don't know why druids are broekn, and am holding an update until that is resolved. Of course, I'm on vacation for a week.

-d.

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Crossroads - Suggestions and Questions Inbox | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0251 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]