Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> DN FAQ Feedback, New Thread for Comments & Feedback
Strider
Posted: Apr 16 2005, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

PowerMuchkinGamer

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 186

I was asked to take up the FAQ and get it ready for use. Much thanks go out to Chev, Lula, D_Spear, MoogLover and everyone else who's helped with this sofar! wub.gif

So here is a slightly modified/cleaned up version. Please critique. If you have ideas for new topic for the FAQ, speak up.

Note there was some discussion regarding the answer to the Windowed Mode question, but I couldn't find a straight answer. As the method described below works for me, I left it as is till someone tells me otherwise. tongue.gif

I also reorganized the questions a bit.

CLIP!

EDIT - The FAQ is live now, check it out in the sticky. This thread is now for commenting on the FAQ and suggesting new content/edits for it.

This post has been edited by Strider on May 8 2005, 08:48 PM

--------------------
Neil "Strider" Looby
DM Avatar: Zerroffe Traptripper
NWN Screen Shots Gallery
Dreu Noctem Characters

Sometimes you burn a bridge. Othertimes you have to napalm it.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
whitetower
Posted: Apr 17 2005, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 199

Great job!

- Pale Master and Blackguard summons have been improved. They now scale into epic Pale Master levels.

BG summons scale into epic as well but not so high as the BG epic feat summon.

shadow dancer shadows have been redone but don't scale into epic with the exception of the epic feat sd summon. SD diety determins what shadow variant you get, only one diety has this effect (confirm dave?)

special ability PrC feat saves are no longer fixed (tho we are still fine tuning the actual numbers). Including AA Imbue Arrow and Death Arrow, SD Shadow Daze, PM Undead Graft and Deathless Master's Touch.

AA Seeker Arrow and Multi Arrow do auto critical damage (confirm kev?)

--------------------
Kallicat don't tell me you're another one who thinks live fast, die young and leave a pretty corpse :P
whitetower not a chance. no one respects you till yer old, I want respect :P
PMEmail PosterMSN
arQon
Posted: Apr 17 2005, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 297

> SD diety determins what shadow variant you get, only one diety has this effect (confirm?)

Two (Charess and Soonami).

> AA Seeker Arrow and Multi Arrow do auto critical damage (confirm kev?)

Jep. It's ouchie. tongue.gif

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
Strider
Posted: Apr 17 2005, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

PowerMuchkinGamer

Updated.

--------------------
Neil "Strider" Looby
NWN Screen Shots Gallery
Dreu Noctem Characters

Strider
Posted: May 8 2005, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

PowerMuchkinGamer

As there were no more comments, I've posted the FAQ to a locked sticky in this forum. Check it out, and if you have any comments/feedback/suggestions, post it here. smile.gif

--------------------
Neil "Strider" Looby
NWN Screen Shots Gallery
Dreu Noctem Characters

digitalAngst
Posted: May 9 2005, 01:40 AM
Quote Post

10110011 01001101

Member No.: 368

Headless Helmets, I'd suggest to call it 'Helmless Heads' instead. I know I'm just nitpicking biggrin.gif

HTH, dA.
PMEmail Poster
nicethugbert
Posted: May 9 2005, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 385

> "- Arcane Archerer Seeker Arrow and Hail of Arrows now deal an automatic critical hit."

Typo?

> "A point or two in persuade can be a valuable asset for having a pleasant chat with the townsfolk.
"

What's the DC?

> "- Pale Master, Blackguard and Shadowdancer summons have been improved. Pale Master and Blackguard now scale into epic levels, though the Blackguard summons stop short of the actual feat you can take.
- Two of our Dietys (Charess and Soonami) have customized Shadowdancer summon variants.
- Special ability PrC feat saves are no longer fixed. Including Arcane Archerer Imbue Arrow and Death Arrow, SD Shadow Daze, PM Undead Graft and Deathless Master's Touch.
- Your deity can determine what elemental you summon from Summon Monster 7 - 9. Not all deities have this effect.
- Your deity can effect the elemental damage that the Darkfire spell uses.
- It is worth noting that immunity to death spell effects does not cover everything anymore.
"

Please, specify.

--------------------
<ambiguous>If you focus on the rose you will miss the danger of the thorns.</ambiguous>
If you focus on the rose you will miss the beauty of the thorns, eh, huh, eh, uh hmm aah ... ;)
My Toons
PMEmail Poster
Torrilin
Posted: May 9 2005, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4

- Pale Master, Blackguard and Shadowdancer summons have been improved. Pale Master and Blackguard now scale into epic levels, though the Blackguard summons stop short of the actual feat you can take.

Not all of this work is completed to our satisfaction, so it is not fully documented.

- Two of our Dietys (Charess and Soonami) have customized Shadowdancer summon variants.

Don't recall the specific variations, but these are probably flavor focused.

- Special ability PrC feat saves are no longer fixed. Including Arcane Archerer Imbue Arrow and Death Arrow, SD Shadow Daze, PM Undead Graft and Deathless Master's Touch.

The exact calculations are still in flux. Once they're stable and we're happy with them, they'll be documented.

- Your deity can determine what elemental you summon from Summon Monster 7 - 9. Not all deities have this effect.
- Your deity can effect the elemental damage that the Darkfire spell uses.

This one is simple. If your deity has an Obvious Elemental Affiliation, chances are you'll get a matching elemental and matching darkfire. If not, the spells function as normal. Obvious example... a cleric of Audril is gonna get cold damage from "darkfire".

- It is worth noting that immunity to death spell effects does not cover everything anymore.

Wail of the Banshee is death magic. Therefore immunity to death magic keeps it from killing you. Phantasmal Killer is a terrifying illusion, not death magic. For full details, see the EMS documentation.

Please note that the FAQ needs to be focused on alerting people to changes, not towards explaining absolutely everything. DN has far too many changes to provide full documentation in the FAQ. Neil, maybe link to answers to these questions once we have them?

Generally if we have solid changes that we're happy with, they'll be documented in the tlk file so that you get the right information in game.

Kalli
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
whitetower
Posted: May 9 2005, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Torrilin @ May 9 2005, 08:59 AM)
- Pale Master, Blackguard and Shadowdancer summons have been improved. Pale Master and Blackguard now scale into epic levels, though the Blackguard summons stop short of the actual feat you can take.

Not all of this work is completed to our satisfaction, so it is not fully documented.

Oh? news to me.

The summon feats produce summons that, a char in listed PrCs, will call an epic undead/monster to his side at level 11 in the PrC (Level 21 minimum). This in not included for shadowdancers because they can take a feat at level 21 to get an epic summon. A Blackguard get's a similar feat but has to be BG 15 to qualify for it so they DO get an epic buddy at BG 11.

--------------------
Kallicat don't tell me you're another one who thinks live fast, die young and leave a pretty corpse :P
PMEmail PosterMSN
Torrilin
Posted: May 9 2005, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4

Jas hon, afaik, docs aren't done for public use yet. If that's not a partial implementation, I dunno what is wink.gif.

Kalli
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
whitetower
Posted: May 9 2005, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Torrilin @ May 9 2005, 01:59 PM)
Jas hon, afaik, docs aren't done for public use yet. If that's not a partial implementation, I dunno what is wink.gif.

heh.

/me is notoriously bad at doc'ing anything...

/me thinks that nothing I do will ever be cosidered done...

/me wonders off to bang head against wall somemore... tongue.gif

Jason

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
dave
Posted: May 9 2005, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

*hugs* lol.

Details of anything could change when BW mucks with everything in the course of any given patch, and we tinker all the time too anyway. Details go in the TLK for in game, general stuff that needs less maintenance work can go in the FAQ. "We improved/changed/customized X" should be fine to give people an idea what we did, and players can start threads here and there for more exact details if they like.

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
nicethugbert
Posted: May 9 2005, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 385

Ok, so how does an old planning hound like I get the facts to build me solid plans on, eh?

Wow, fun with weird english. smile.gif I like.

--------------------
<ambiguous>If you focus on the rose you will miss the danger of the thorns.</ambiguous>
If you focus on the rose you will miss the beauty of the thorns, eh, huh, eh, uh hmm aah ... ;)
My Toons
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: May 10 2005, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

Offer to write a guide? smile.gif Strider is poking us for more+better documentation. Hopefully, something will come of it.

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
whitetower
Posted: May 10 2005, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

perhaps we should just cut/paste the tlk file. tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Crossroads - Suggestions and Questions Inbox | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0286 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]