dave
Posted: May 24 2010, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

Eldritch Knight info is kinda buried over here:

http://www.dreunoctem.com/index.php?showtopic=3172

It's very heavily based on the PnP/NWNPRC, and we've decided we're unsatisfied with it. For now, for the 017 patch [forthcoming, but not ETA], we're planning some simple non-destructive changes:

* better saving throws [fort+will primary instead of just fort]
* better hit dice [d8 per level instead of d6]

By the 018 patch, we're hoping to have reworked the prerequisites and benefits of the class in a way that makes more sense to us. However, some of those changes will break your current Knights. You have the option of running to the Fountain of Youth to delevel in advance, but we're thinking that if we get things correct, you may want to make a whole new character with a whole new design from scratch to take advantage of the new changes.

Some of our motivation:
* currently, most players took Fighter(1) as a stepping stone to the EK when creating their characters. We want to actually provide a little more diversity in character design. I don't want the easiest way to meet the reqs for a caster PrC to be to take a fighter level, as that limits your build so much. So, the prerequisites may change from requiring martial weapon feats to maybe something more general like Feat: Toughness.
* Arcane Spell Failure Reduction: we are thinking of adding ASF reduction as a class feature, much like the Spellsword [reference nwnprc]. Still Spell *may* become a pre-requirement of the class. That's actually a very fair trade-off. Bards already get a little ASF reduction on DN, so it would work in a similar way.

Anyway, we'll post more info as it becomes available and relevant. I'm keeping this vague for now as ideas are still getting hammered around. I'll answer questions though if anyone's curious.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Jun 1 2010, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

FYI,

As we've had no feedback on this, we're going to roll the planned 018 changes to EKs into 017. It means putting off the 017 stuff a bit longer, but I think EK changes will turn out to be a centerpiece of that anyway.

What does this mean to you?

Do the FoY quest on your EK. Wait to re-levelup until after we release 018.

We have no ETA for it, but we're working on it. smile.gif

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Achaea Armory - Strategy Forum | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0234 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]