Dreu Noctem

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Cleric Guide Feedback, Contributions, contributions...
arQon
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 297

> spells ... unless they have been retweaked to work now.

If you can find a spell that DOESN'T work properly now, please let me know.

As far as your build goes, I'd have taken the 2 extra DEX points which are meaningless for a Cleric, and put them in STR instead which is EXTREMELY useful, not least for making Power Attack, Cleave, and Great Cleave available.
Of course, at level 20 those aren't much use either, and you made it that far so obviously it didn't hurt her much. smile.gif

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 04:44 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

Well, Jini's guide assumes Heal and WoF work as Bioware coded them. ohmy.gif I don't think we really ever nerfed WoF, other than to not provide Outsiders in the module.

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

WoF doesn't actually have anything Outsider-specific to it. You've got Em's Disease: a rare form of dyslexia where every time you see "Summoned Creature" you mentally replace it with "Balor". tongue.gif

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Well at some point, with BW default scripts, when slaadi in DN were racial type outsider, the spell would autonuke them without a saving throw. This resulted in much cleric powerleveling in the slaadi caves. This would be circa v1.29. This is not far removed from the date of the writing of the FAQ, iirc.

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Fair enough. I didn't play Clerics in those days. smile.gif

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
Phage
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 117

Ema, I've been running a cleric similar that way, but with more toward spells and less fighting. OK, actually, I kinda regretted not putting more in Str since I've come to realize that it's hard to solo when you're a spellcasting cleric only. Anyway, yes AC is important, and you can do away with Amulet of Health if you have lots of Heal skill and several Lesser Restorations.

What's wrong with Balors?

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi. - I came, I saw... I slept.
-----------------------------
Current writing project (on hold): The Hidden Depths
Check out A Guide to Divine Asskickery - DN Cleric Guide!
"Prestige classes are classes that every player would like their characters to have, but must first gain permission from Wizards of the Coast before their character can take one." - RPGA test
PMEmail Poster
Torrilin
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (arQon @ Sep 28 2004, 08:14 AM)
WoF doesn't actually have anything Outsider-specific to it. You've got Em's Disease: a rare form of dyslexia where every time you see "Summoned Creature" you mentally replace it with "Balor". tongue.gif

Thing is, there *aren't* any outsiders on DN unless NPCs are summoning stuff that we haven't fixed to be a non-outsider. And Word of Faith is *supposed* to do more nasty stuff vs outsiders than it does to other enemy NPCs.

So yah, we've got dyslexia on outsider affecting spells... Of course if you poke me, I'm a lot more likely to come up with the wording on blasphemy than I am to come up with the wording for Word of Faith *shrugs*

Kalli
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

Hmm, ok, well the extra 2 for Dex are from items she wears and yes, having strength like that is a bugger.. she carries 6 bags.. almost full, mainly potions and she is at 97/100 lbs! lol, when I change armor for faster buffing (Armor of Fleetness.. circa..old! heh heh) I have to put it back in the bag or she is encumbered!

Reason I like my Balor is well, he is a heck of alot better than the death domain summon I get. Really wish I could have kept my Doom Knight as the Shadow bites big time! I do have I believe Greater Elemental as a summon spell too so can use that.

See, the thing is, that I am so used to playing tanks of some sort that it is hard to get out of the habit. I throw some damage spells first then whack 'em with my sword.

And for spells working/not working.. well, I play the game.. I have no clue (or really wish to know) about technical aspects.. if a spell I use damages whoever I am fighting enough to give it a few whacks.. then I am happy. I really liked WoF as it seemed before to blind alot of critters.. which would make it easier for me to 'Convert Them To The Almighty' so to speak. :-)

And Phage, I did run around.. cripes, until level 19 at least without Ammy of Health until Scablands would fill me up so much that I would literally die fighting from effects. I have..hmm.. I think Standing Armor now, which I believe has soak, so that helps alot.

I'll be popping in here before long to run amok with her, already stuck her outside the monastary this am :-)

Thanks for all the advice all!

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
dave
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

QUOTE (Emaleth_Donnelaith @ Sep 28 2004, 04:37 PM)
Reason I like my Balor is well, he is a heck of alot better than the death domain summon I get. Really wish I could have kept my Doom Knight as the Shadow bites big time! I do have I believe Greater Elemental as a summon spell too so can use that.

Death domain summons (and shadow dancer shadow summons) are both things I've thought about improving (relative to the BW versions). I have not done so, but I may someday. smile.gif

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
Phage
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

Ema, try Negative Energy Protection instead then.

--------------------
"Prestige classes are classes that every player would like their characters to have, but must first gain permission from Wizards of the Coast before their character can take one." - RPGA test
PMEmail Poster
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Ok, Cleric Update..

Balor.. good, as always. Storm of Vengeance (thank you!) goooood! I had 3 Gates, but took 2 away for me storms! Ice Storm still always good, but WoF (lol, of course up in Ghedi) tweaked down to one. Searing Light (the higher spell) prety good against those hook things.

Really could use Death Armor, but I don't think Clerics can get it.. but I hear tale of potions somewhere...

I use that buff Phage, but I think I use it too early so it usually runs out faster than the rest. Doesn't Death's Eternal Foe have some kind of negative energy protection too? I also use that.

Marissa was able to get a few K in xp, but died up yonder where Chev, Lula & I were at the other night, so will relax a bit then try and go back up to pray. If not, it's only xp, can always get it back.

And I can get Greater Mummy, but Doom Knight is better. And I think I meant the Shadow Mastiff-Puppy I would rather have than the Shadow Lord. I got the two summons mixed up :-)

I didn't try Harm at all, but I think that one is still moot for DN isn't it? I know it used to do quite a bit of damage.

EDIT: lol, me can't speak English too good today.. have a few extra early's and think's in the sentence with the buff's.. will fix that.

Anyhoo, Amokness here in a bit again..

EDIT 2: Seems I can't spell English either lol.. fixed

--------------------

PMEmail PosterMSN
Phage
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

Harm doesn't do as much damage as before, but now it's much better than what you used to see.

OK, back to Cleric Guide. I've decided to try to write Chapter 7 of the Hidden Depth in the meantime before I lost inspiration completely. So, gib feedback for the Divine Asskickery Guide so far ohmy.gif Too whimsical, too boring? Not informative enough, too informative? ohmy.gif (yes, there's such thing) Any nits and picks and such?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

QUOTE (Emaleth_Donnelaith @ Sep 28 2004, 06:34 PM)
Really could use Death Armor, but I don't think Clerics can get it.. but I hear tale of potions somewhere...

Check your spellbook for "Death Ward". Clerics and Pallies both get it I think, and druids too. You should have a low levelish spell called Negative Energy Protection too. Buffing CON with Endurance will help fort saves, and using heal kits can cure poison + disease. With high Wis, you're a natural. smile.gif

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Sep 29 2004, 01:21 AM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Ok, I'll try Harm out to see what it does now. As far as your cleric guide Phage, great job! I'm looking forward to 'Spells: More than just a walking medicine cabinet' since I do use quite a few buffs (13.. not including my protect against me Balor spell I use before I throw the gate open) so I'm sure it will be handy for maybe chucking one of them in favor of an attack spell.

And yes, I do have that spell Shad, but I was thinking more of having the same spell that they have up north Ghedi to give them a bit of their own medicine! Black Ring Owies when you Hit! heh heh

I did find the scrolls, but of course I can't use them being for Sorc's and Wiz's. I also fixed her to have Neg Energy Prot too as one of her buffs.. and Endurance, heh heh I think all my characters use that whether in spell or potion!

I was throwing so many spells out that along with the Balor's, (ohh Meteor Storm he has.. me wants) that it was hard to see whose actually harmed those armor thingy's. And one other spell that I hadn't really used before until hmm.. the last time I had her out long ago is Blade Barrier! Great spell... if you can keep them in one spot... which is where my summons help out.

Another thing too.. was there a change to Gate? Seems the Balor stays around a few bits longer than usual now...maybe it's just that he's busier doing more damage.. I dunno.

--------------------

PMEmail PosterMSN
TrueMuppet
Posted: Sep 29 2004, 01:30 AM
Quote Post

Pulled by Strings

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 245

QUOTE (Emaleth_Donnelaith @ Sep 29 2004, 10:21 AM)
I did find the scrolls, but of course I can't use them being for Sorc's and Wiz's.

Death armour potions can be bought in a certain store smile.gif, their duration is too short to make 'em really worthwhile, though. Still sorta nifty as a little help to bring down, say, Aurilian Barbs and Veterans with their sky high ABs.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Achaea Armory - Strategy Forum | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0323 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]