Dreu Noctem

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Problem With Players Sharing a Router, ~getting booted and/or lagging?
dave
Posted: Jun 13 2004, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

Hi gang,

The problem documented here is persisting. We have a theory about what is causing it; we think that if two players use a router to share a connection and log in on the same port, it can cause these issues.

Anyway, we think the fix is documented in the bioware tech faq. From this reference, here is an excerpt of relevance to help fix this:

1.36: Trouble playing multiplayer with multiple computers behind a firewall (Back to Top)

If you have multiple computers behind a firewall and you want to play multiplayer with 2 or more of them at the same time, you must ensure the Client Port setting for each computer is set to a different value. You will find this entry in the file nwnplayer.ini Simply double click on it to open it, and look for the Client Port= line in the [Profile] section. Change this from the default value of 5120 on each machine. You have to stay in a certain range, so use numbers like 5121, 5122, 5123, etc.

If you log into DN through a router on a shared connection, please follow those directions. I will be poking some specific individuals to follow those directions. This will fix some problems that are affecting the server, but it is required that players actively take steps to follow those directions to help us out.

-shadguy

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

Pinned. Possibly FAQ worthy.

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN Server Status and Information | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0288 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]