> NWN Enhanced edition
dave
Posted: Nov 21 2017, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

http://www.pcgamer.com/amp/neverwinter-nig...nounced-for-pc/

I wonder if this might help with some of the vfx issues we see with stuff like the bw ice wastes tileset.

Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Nov 22 2017, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Current patch notes for the work in progress v1.74 of this product : https://www.beamdog.com/files/nwnee_release_notes.pdf

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Nov 22 2017, 05:21 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

there are a LOT of very familiar bugs in their "fixed" list, which is nice.

they do mention the "shiny water" fix, which is in the same wheelhouse, but definitely not the same bug.
fundamentally, the bug is really with the "environment mapping" code, and/ie anywhere the engine uses either an additional texture (or, more likely i expect, the alpha channel) as a secondary component in a shader. that code actually "works" fine on ati cards, but only if the exe is called "nwmain", since that's how ati and nvidia enable per-game hacks **, and unfortunately one of those hacks causes the game to constantly crash on "recent" ati drivers. since THAT bug would be incredibly obvious, it's almost certainly fixed.

(** nvidia famously did this to inflate their benchmark scores on quake3, not by fastpathing the data format (which is legitimate, and something explicitly designed for *in* the Q3 engine) but by degrading the texture samplers etc).

i created an account there to tell them about the compound-types DI bug, which they don't seem to have noticed, but their website is broken and treats me as not signed in on the forums page, so i gave up.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Nov 22 2017, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

A couple other folks had snags getting registered too, judging by the vault forums. I haven't tried yet but will when I get home to a real computer.

I see enough value in the patch notes for $20 I'll prolly push for us to update once this is available for sale.

It sounds like they are interested in more community feedback, so I'll see if it makes sense to get sucked in more once home. It sounds like folks who preorder may have a chance to help beta test. I'm tempted to dive in and tempted to run away screaming.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The AFK Lounge - Community Discussion and Off Topic Chatter | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0253 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]