Dreu Noctem

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Cleric Guide Feedback, Contributions, contributions...
dave
Posted: Dec 10 2004, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

QUOTE (Phage @ Dec 10 2004, 10:09 AM)
Holy Crud!

Is that a spell or a feat? I missed the discussion of Holy Crud in your guide.... ohmy.gif

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
Phage
Posted: Dec 10 2004, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 117

That be a new spell.

- Holy Crud -
Caster Level(s): Cleric 6
Innate Level: 6
School: Evocation
Descriptor(s): Earth, Disease
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Medium
Area of Effect/Target: Large
Duration: Instant
Additional Counter Spells: None
Save: Reflex halves/Fortitude Negates
Spell Resistance: No
Description: The caster summons a great... crud... that falls down from the heavens. The initial impact deals 15d6 damage (Reflex halves) on the area. Upon impact, it splatters, affecting creatures in a larger area who will have to make a Fortitude save or be struck with The Icky Disease Of Divine Origin. Creatures who made the reflex save are not affected by this secondary effect, and creatures who have not made a reflex save from initial impact are entitled to one.

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi. - I came, I saw... I slept.
-----------------------------
Current writing project (on hold): The Hidden Depths
Check out A Guide to Divine Asskickery - DN Cleric Guide!
"Prestige classes are classes that every player would like their characters to have, but must first gain permission from Wizards of the Coast before their character can take one." - RPGA test
PMEmail Poster
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Dec 10 2004, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

LOL! I think I already have that spell.. in real life! Anyhoo, no sweat on the updating Vic, I use OpenOffice so PDF's are easy to make! It can easily be updated. I just don't know how to do the chapter/bookmark thingies and all.

And Dave, I think someone beat you too it with Charess as when I was looking at the character list I noticed that she has her as a diety, I didn't even know it! Will have to check out doggie now! Thanks to whoever did that!

EDIT: Nope, got the silly shadow lord who is useless.. ok, I reckon I'll catch you online sometime Dave and we can get the diety sorted out, thanks!

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Phage
Posted: Dec 11 2004, 12:33 AM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

I did final edition of the cleric guide for now.

I also compiled a bookmarked PDF version of the guide. It can be found in my webserver: https://webspace.utexas.edu/kusumava/dnstor...clericguide.zip .

Enjoy.

--------------------
"Prestige classes are classes that every player would like their characters to have, but must first gain permission from Wizards of the Coast before their character can take one." - RPGA test
PMEmail Poster
arQon
Posted: Dec 11 2004, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

Thought I'd re-read this to make sure it was current.

Monk/Rogue/etc MC's: remember that the Full Plate Evader bug/exploit/cheese/whatever is blocked now. If you want to be a Cleric17/Rogue3 (cliche PvP build) that's fine, but you'll have to do it in Light Armor or Cloth.

DD Defensive Awareness doesn't make you Sneak-immune: it just means flankers don't get +2 to hit you.

Blind Fight only affects Invis, not Concealment, and you have TS anyway so... tongue.gif

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
Phage
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

OK. I think it might be time for a revision. This is keeping in mind that patch 1.66 is now out (although I really see no difference in how clerics work) but most importantly, EMS updates and new cleric spells.

I'll get a laptop soon and travel time... so I might just do it in the meantime. smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
EspyLacopa
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 174

Well, Defensive Awareness, from both the Hordes manual and the 3.5ed DM guide, means that the Dwarf in question cannot be flanked except by a rogue with at least 4 levels more than the dwarven defender. If the rogue is dependent on flanking for sneak attack, then yes the dwarf would be protected from that method of sneak attack delivery.
PMEmail Poster
Phage
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

I've been found out: I've never done a DD ohmy.gif

I don't recall having the rogue - 4 > DD rule to be applied in NWN though... is it?

I guess I'll go test it sometime. ohmy.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
arQon
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

> If the rogue is dependent on flanking for sneak attack

This is a really common misunderstanding. The behavior is exactly what I said it is: if you're flanked, you're STILL flanked. The flanking enemies no longer get a +2 bonus to hit you, but everything else is the same as normal including the "automatic" Sneak Attacks.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
EspyLacopa
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 04:27 AM
Quote Post

If that's true, then NWN screwed up yet another nice ability.

Of course, it might be because the rogue that's attacking has 4 levels more rogue than the dwarf has of dwarven defender.
PMEmail Poster
arQon
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

No, WOTC screwed up by creating such a retarded feat in the first place, much like the PM and WM classes. The NWN implementation is vastly superior from a gameplay perspective: there'd be very little point HAVING Rogues in the game if they had to sit there bashing at 6/ DR with their 14 STR and no Sneak damage, neh?

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
EspyLacopa
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

That doesn't mean you're immune to sneaks though. You just have to deny the enemy their dexterity bonus happy.gif

If you really want silly for that, go into the Complete Adventurer, and look at one of the special abilities of the Longstaff. Take a -2 combat expertise penalty, and you are then non-flankable, regardless of who attacks you.
PMEmail Poster
arQon
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

It's been four years (wow, time flies) and there's been a fair bit of spell tweaking in that time, so I plan on making an update to the guide for those. I'll post it as an addendum rather than editing the guide itself, to avoid accidentally destroying entire sections by messing up. tongue.gif

There's also been changes to a handful of feats that have radically altered their behavior / value, and I'll cover those as well if I remember.

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Achaea Armory - Strategy Forum | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0367 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]