Dreu Noctem

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> All New ATS Jewelry coming online., It's good, you'll like it I promise.
Maerlande
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

The Hard One

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 335

Ladies and Gentlemen.

After much delay due to my new job and move, I have completed the blueprints for all new ATS jewelry.

We had a long discussion before making this change and we hope all the players will find the new jewelry an improvement over the old.

Here's how it now works.

First, this jewelry will be available for sale in Paradan for a while. I have not yet changed all the ATS scripts and recipes so while this jewelry will be made if you are doing crafting, there may be problems with recipes and skill progression. Rest assured we are working on it but you may have to be patient when crafting for a bit.

For those who have crafted jewelry atm, there are a couple issues. One, if it's in your chests it will autoupdate. You may find that it's not doing the same as it used to do. Some of the stat boosts have changed under the new system. If you wish to exchange your old jewelry for new, please look me up or post here and we can arrange an exchange.

The second is that any jewelry you are wearing can be updated in the updater. If it turns out that say INT+2 changes to WIS +2 feel free to ask for an exchange.

The new jewelry system works like this:

12 metals give a modification to the item.

Copper = no mod
Bronze = acid resist 5/-
Iron = Fort save +1
Silver = Reflex save +1
Gold = Will save +1
Shadow = Darkvision
Rubicite = Fire resist 10/-
Syenite = Cold Resist 10/-
Verdicite = Acid Resist 10/-
Mithral = Electrical Resist 10/-
Adamantine = DR +5/5
Myrkandite = Regen +1

Then the gem gives a mod or two.
Malachite = Str +1
Amethyst = CHA +2
Lapis Lazuli = Dex +2
Jade = Int +2
Turquoise = Con +2
Opal = Wis +2
Pearl = Str +2
Fire Opal = Cha +4 and Uni +1
Sapphire = Wis +4 and Reflex +2
Ruby = Con +4 and Will +2
Emerald = Dex +4 and Fort +1 and Will +1
Diamond = Int +4 and Uni +1 (edit smile.gif ))

Put a metal with a gem and you get the mods together.

Currently Black Sapphire and Onyx do nothing. The jewelry has no modifications and is simply in the system to ensure continuity of the skill progression using crafting.

The new blueprints should be available in a day or two. If anyone has any concerns let me know. This should not result in the nerfing of anyone's gear. We've reviewed it carefully to be sure that it's roughly equal to the old system, but much cleaner and more consistent.

Cheers,
Don

This post has been edited by Maerlande on Jan 17 2006, 10:09 AM

--------------------
Lil'Higgy: *runs back to group at max speed* "Oh wait, I found more. Oh I forgot! Did I tell you about my mom's pies?" *runs ahead again*

Adonis: "Higgy! Would you shut up?"

Lil'Higgy: "Oh sure! dum dee dum dee da da doo" *hums madly*
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
Maerlande
Posted: Jan 22 2006, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

The Hard One

Member No.: 335

Bumpity bump

Reminder. All exceptional and ideal gem jewelry will disappear in a few days if stored on vendors or in chests. They will be fine on a character. So, best to do a bit of inventory management.

For those who wish exchanges, you could post a list and it would make for an easy exchange.

Cheers,
Don

--------------------
Lil'Higgy: *runs back to group at max speed* "Oh wait, I found more. Oh I forgot! Did I tell you about my mom's pies?" *runs ahead again*

Adonis: "Higgy! Would you shut up?"

Lil'Higgy: "Oh sure! dum dee dum dee da da doo" *hums madly*
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
dave
Posted: Jan 25 2006, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

Bump.

We'll be another day or two before the recent mod updates we've worked on can go live. I'm still working on an issue or two related to the EMS update and the jewlery update.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
Jandar
Posted: Jan 25 2006, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Avid Shad Angler

Member No.: 456

This information makes me want to start learning Jewelry making...any suggestions for attributes that might improve crafting? Such as increased strength, etc?

--------------------
Dard and the Clan Tasselhof
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Jan 25 2006, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

I think it depends on CHA, so bards and sorcs may be good candidates, for example.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
femnto
Posted: Jan 25 2006, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 455

or maybe even some cheese female paladins that will have a high CHA as well.....

--------------------
Femnto
"The Volarian Clan"

"I think its awesome that somebody quoted me, now iam immortalized" -Kesey

"But iam le tired.......Ok, take a nap....THEN FIRE THE MISSLES!!!" -End of the world

There is nothing more exciting in this world than beating a dragon with your own breath weapon!!!

Yeah, what if i like weapon masters alot? SUE ME! =p
[/color]
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Okee dokee, the jewlery update is now live.

Please let us know if you have any trouble with it. This was a huge patch and I'm good at breaking stuff. smile.gif

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

Cutting stones gives a "You have tried to craft an ATS item that has an invalid resref", but still produces cut stones.
add> but it's consuming Roughs at twice the rate it should be.

Cutting still produces both types of cut stones, i.e. Ideals too, which are now (thankfully) obsolete.
(Of course, I've THROWN AWAY every non-Ideal Jemma's cut in the last year...) sad.gif

I'm sufficiently less annoyed tongue.gif by the current state of jewelry crafting (ingot bag; sane, consistent design; no "junk" items) that I may well start crafting again after abandoning jewelry as a dead loss and huge waste of time many many months ago. This is an absolutely superb effort and a staggering improvement over the state of things this time last year. Don, Dave, Hys, Rob, thank you so much.

This post has been edited by arQon on Jan 26 2006, 09:03 AM

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

OK. I'll start I guess by poking code to eradiacte refs to ideal stones - that should make it a bit more efficient anyway. Then I'll try to figure out why it thinks the normal cut stones have bad resrefs.

Thanks Kev!

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
azmaveth
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

ATS Chew Toy

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 144

Haven't had time to do anything but lurk for the last couple months, but I'm actually kinda glad this is going live before I finish work on my gem bags. wink.gif This will be substantially less work for me now that there are fewer types of gems and, by extension, resrefs.

Go Team! smile.gif

-az

P.S. Someone add an hour or two to the day for me pretty please?

void life(const char *work, int anyfreetime, float intonothingness);
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Crossroads - Suggestions and Questions Inbox | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0259 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]