Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> EMS - Bugfixed and PHB-ish magic for NWN
dave
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

Most of this information, if not all, is now documented in game. It shows up when you examine spells in your spellbook, on on your hotkey bar. This is a result of whitetower's monumental effort to capture all this info and organize it into the TLK file and HAK file we had you download today.

Whitetower - thank you ver much. It looks great!

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

As far as the epic level "Improved Spell Capacity" pseudofeats go, here's the state of play on DN (which is the same as the standard EMS package)...

You recieve your first "virtual" level 10 slots with 21 *caster* levels. If you have the Extend Spell feat at that time, and a 20+ score in your primary ability, and you can cast level 9 spells, you conceptually get to slide your entire spellbook up one level and essentially receive an Auto Extend Spell feat.

Note the "level 9 spells" requirement. That means Mages and Priests only. Paladins, Rangers, and Bards are SOL.
Note the "21 caster levels" requirement. That means Cleric17/Fighter4 builds do NOT get the feat. You'd have to take another 4 Cleric levels.

Your second Improved Spell Capacity pseudofeat comes whenever your class would get its next Epic bonus feat, which is at caster level 24 for Wiz/Sorc/Cleric and 25 for Druid. If you have a 21+ ability at that point and the Empower Spell feat, you essentially get Auto Empower Spell.

The same thing happens again with Maximise at level 27 with 22+ ability, with the additional requirement that you must have already qualified for Auto Empower (i.e. if you ONLY have Maximise that's not good enough). This is beyond the current level cap, so it's rather moot right now.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
azmaveth
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

ATS Chew Toy

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 144

Don't wizards/sorcs/clerics get their first epic bonus feats at 23? And druids at 24? That would mean the first group would also get their second epic bonus feat at 26...

Am I wrong?

-az
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

Nope, that's right. All characters also continue to acrue regular feats every three levels as well though - so character level 21, 24, 27 etc also grant feats, which are also Epic (but not bonus).

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
azmaveth
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

ATS Chew Toy

Okay. But kev said that the psuedofeats are acquired at your next _class_ epic bonus feat, which is why druids get them 1 level later. Doesn't that mean that a wizard will get the first psuedofeat at 21, the next at 23, and the third at 26?

Still a bit confused. tongue.gif

-az
PMEmail Poster
arQon
Posted: Apr 24 2005, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

> first psuedofeat at 21, the next at 23, and the third at 26?

No - notice the gaps you have there: 2 levels and then 3 levels.

The FIRST pseudofeat is always at caster level 21.
The INTERVAL for subsequent pseudofeats is always whatever your class's interval for Epic Bonus feats is.

Yeah, the wording's a bit off. It's not "at the level where you'd get your next Epic Bonus feat", it's "AFTER the same number of levels as your Epic Bonus feats". Is that clearer at all?
(If not, just remember that the magic numbers are 21/24/27/30/33 for non-Druids, like I do tongue.gif).

This post has been edited by arQon on Apr 24 2005, 01:48 PM

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
azmaveth
Posted: Apr 24 2005, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

ATS Chew Toy

Yeah, the wording is what got me. smile.gif Thanks for clearing this up!

-az
PMEmail Poster
arQon
Posted: Oct 8 2005, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

> Note the "level 9 spells" requirement. That means Mages and Priests only.
> Paladins, Rangers, and Bards are SOL.

Oops. That was changed about 2 weeks after I said that... rolleyes.gif
ANY casting class that can cast spells of whatever that class's maximum spell level is, is eligible for ISC pseudofeats.

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
Posted: Nov 27 2005, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 449

? on Legend lore. Since with a good check your able to change/remove restrictions on it could you in theory remove the 'Dedicated Class' requirement on certain items via this spell?
PMEmail Poster
Phage
Posted: Nov 27 2005, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

Member No.: 117

Yip.

There are some items currently checked by the "Devout Monk" script in DN and these are unaffected. AFAIK, the rest are fair game.

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi. - I came, I saw... I slept.
-----------------------------
Current writing project (on hold): The Hidden Depths
Check out A Guide to Divine Asskickery - DN Cleric Guide!
"Prestige classes are classes that every player would like their characters to have, but must first gain permission from Wizards of the Coast before their character can take one." - RPGA test
PMEmail Poster
LulaBliss
Posted: Nov 28 2005, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Dark Arts Dancer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 151

QUOTE (Avatar4886 @ Nov 27 2005, 09:42 PM)
? on Legend lore. Since with a good check your able to change/remove restrictions on it could you in theory remove the 'Dedicated Class' requirement on certain items via this spell?

Yes, I have had to use LL on a few items for just that purpose. My Sorc, Elani, can take just about anything off an item, if you see me in game feel free to ask if she can LL something for you, if you like.

~lu

--------------------

Jimmy holds the Tannis root~
The forest's tasty nectar shoot~
The sun tips off the monarch's suit
from sequined sash to shiny boot

Mistress Bliss
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Posted: Dec 3 2005, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 449

sweet i think i need to get an unholy avenger and have that devoted blackguard component removed smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Phage
Posted: Dec 3 2005, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

Member No.: 117

OK... sorry to burst your bubble, but Blackguard's UA is also a script-enforced item. sad.gif So no Legend-Lore-ing that. You can still use it but it'll be a plain +1 weapon.

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi. - I came, I saw... I slept.
-----------------------------
Current writing project (on hold): The Hidden Depths
Check out A Guide to Divine Asskickery - DN Cleric Guide!
"Prestige classes are classes that every player would like their characters to have, but must first gain permission from Wizards of the Coast before their character can take one." - RPGA test
PMEmail Poster
arQon
Posted: Dec 5 2005, 12:57 AM
Quote Post

There are no restrictions of any kind on the XA's - they operate just like PNP, and are simply +1 weapons in the hands of the unworthy. I'm rather proud of them. tongue.gif

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Achaea Armory - Strategy Forum | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0357 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]