Not gnat knit. NatNit!

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 106

BUG REPORT
=============

Bug Reported By: NatNit

Date: Midnight, October 27, 2004

Witnesses, if any: No one in the immediate area...complained to arQ, Phage, D

Area(s) Bug Observed In: Notus Vineyards Caves (Fire Giants)

What character were you playing: Trax Stiffknees (fighter, WM, DD levels)

Please describe your observations: After about an hour in the caves, I noticed that I was getting hit a lot, much more than usual. I have pretty good AC, between Full Plate +5, Tower Shield +3, Cloak of Protection +5, Expertise, and Defensive Stance (from 1 level of DD). The following is an image from my character screen and inventory when I realized something was wrong.

user posted image

Note my dex of 13, and my base naked AC of 7. Way off what it should be. Just to note, I also have 5 points in tumble, so I think my AC should be like 10 + 1 (dex) + 1 (tumble) = 12...definitely not 7. Something is not adding up here.

Why do you think it's a bug: Naked AC should've been a lot higher, results in AC with equipment not being sufficient for the area. Very weird behavior.

Steps needed to reproduce the bug (what were you doing at the time of the bug, and in the time before noticing the bug): What'd I do before...hmm. Well I was fighting the fire giant clerics and warriors. Always use old Helm of Tleiax, Rod of Ghost, and Weynolden Token in buff sequence, but doubt that's the reason. Actually, I kinda think it has to do with the +4 dodge bonus to AC that Defensive Stance grants...used that a couple of times in the encounters. Maybe I napped with it or something like that? Also note that 4+7 = 11 (dunno if Tumble AC show on char screen) so mathematically, clues point to Defensive Stance. Quaffed a Lesser Restoration potion just to make sure some spell or other wasn't cast. No effect.

Questions related to the bug for the build team: Any other DD's have similar experiences?

Other player comments: wub.gif

===============
This section is for Admin use only. Do not fill this section in.

Search keywords:

Bug Status:

--------------------
NatNit

Currently Playing:

Evelyn Jantiss - L24 Fighter/RDD Half-Orc (with Hayli!)
Gretel Monadnock - L12 Elven Rogue/AA (with Delin!)
Agnil - L6 "Game Night" Human Bard/RDD/CoT
Gaia - L13 Human

PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
dave
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

No idea man. v1.62 did have some odd bugs with Stance that would force you to log out and in to fix. Does relogging fix it?

Can you report this to nwbugs@bioware.com? Their bug report form is pinned in this forum.

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
NatNit
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Not gnat knit. NatNit!

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 106

I didn't even consider logging out/in. When I logged in this morning, everything was fixed (he had a base AC of 12) but that may have been somewhat affected by the server reset as well. I'll do some testing later to try to pinpoint it.

I'll e-mail Bioware when I get home from school today. Thanks Dave. smile.gif

~Nathan

--------------------
NatNit

Currently Playing:

Evelyn Jantiss - L24 Fighter/RDD Half-Orc (with Hayli!)
Gretel Monadnock - L12 Elven Rogue/AA (with Delin!)
Agnil - L6 "Game Night" Human Bard/RDD/CoT
Gaia - L13 Human

PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
arQon
Posted: Sep 20 2006, 03:29 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

It seems that BW managed to bork defensive stance even more in 1.68, which I didn't think was possible. Shows what I know. tongue.gif

The wonderful new bugs are, not only does doing ANYTHING (using an equipment-swap bind, or even just moving stuff around in your inventory) now cancel Stance, it does so without changing the quickbar icon or any other indication that it's cancelled except the char sheet. Combat messages etc still say "Defensive Stance: blah", and it LOOKS like it's active, but all the bonuses have been removed. To reactivate it, you now have to manually cancel it so it "realises" it's cancelled, then use it again.

At least it's not character-breaking like WW. I guess we should be thankful for small mercies... rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by arQon on Sep 20 2006, 03:37 AM

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 05:03 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

Bump. I don't think I've ever made a DD, maybe will have to. ohmy.gif

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Apr 1 2009, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

Still exactly as broken as it was in 168. Doing ANYTHING, ever, is enough to cancel all of the Stance bonuses, with the combat messages and the quickbar both incorrectly showing it as still active. sad.gif

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Shifting Sands - Bug & Exploit Reports | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0373 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]