> Super BonBon Super BonBon, no vanishy on use
arQon
Posted: Oct 11 2017, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 297

Bon Bons don't vanish when used.

i remember this being an issue around SOU time, when the behavior was changed so that Plot Items didn't vanish when their charges were used, or something like that, but i don't remember the specifics.

> jep, they're marked as Plot Items, doubtless to prevent sale. and since they're miscs, i don't think just clearing that and using Stolen instead is a good enough solution, because the gypsy will likely buy (tho not fastbuy) them. Undroppable is probably the best answer. thoughts, dave?

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Oct 16 2017, 03:11 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

Oof, my initial reaction was "ug no, not the NoDrop flag". That could strand stuff in player storage, methinks.

Do you think we can spellhook the vanishing? Otherwise, maybe converting it to a Custom Spell, which still requires updating to get the right behavior. Bleh.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Oct 16 2017, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

yeah, the NoDrop flag is hardly ever a good idea, i just couldn't think of any other way to stop gypsies buying them.

the value (in the gp sense) comes from the CastSpell, which gives them a base of 200gp (and thus makes them "worth" selling). the only halfway-decent idea i can come up with (other than to simply say "deal with them not vanishing") would be to make them UPSO instead, which would remove that 200gp base. to then prevent them stacking with Bless, the UPSO would have to actually CAST Bless (see the epic bracers for an example of the mechanics involved), but the CL would then end up as ?10 or so iirc? rather than 3, and it's basically a big pile of ugh.

tbh, now that (ie "since sou") Scabbards of Blessing are sold in shops, non-clerics have access to Bless via items already, and the only differences are the cost to buy the scabbard and the level req (6 vs 1), so it's really about having an easter-egg-ish thing or not.

i haven't personally USED bonbons in many years - i'd completely forgotten about them. but they ARE kind of a cute thing to have, and potentially nice for babies, and i think i'd lean towards keeping them. if that means they come with the "price" of having to toss them by hand, then i think that's okay. it would be NICER if it was sanely-fixable, certainly, but i don't think it is.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Shifting Sands - Bug & Exploit Reports | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0431 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]