Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> NWN Enhanced Feedback to Beamdog
dave
Posted: Nov 26 2017, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

So, after pre-ordering I was able to opt in to the Head Start, which is what they're calling their beta. It seems like access is granted fairly automatically once requested, you just have to poke around to find the correct places to click and such.

Linux binaries look like a part of the package I received, so, once there's some sort of nwnx support, we could explore what to do on our end.

An admin from a PW called sinfar has managed to hack a server instance so that he can connect to a 1.69 server with an NWNE beta client; he (and others) is making noise complaining about that being not supported, but I'm not planning to explore that kind of thing. Those folks have numerous engine hacks deployed for all kinds of features, but it sounds like it's a better use of our time to stay with the official program. Sinfar has accomplished some impressive technical stuff over the years, but I've never paid too much attention to following them because they're an adult server. I like nice hair and outfits as much as the next guy, lol, but I wasn't interested in the kind of "action" they serve.

Lots of people are making all sorts of requests and bug reports on the beamdog forums over here. I've let folks like the ones from Sinfar and Aenea suggest some of the more advanced stuff based on more modern nwnx stuff that we don't even have. While we basically have nwnx for SQL database support, there are 100s of new scripting functions and features available to devs who've pursued that tech. Many of the already implemented new functions are a direct result of those efforts, so we'll benefit from other's experiences anyway.

I have, however, made a couple little and hopefully easy to implement suggestions as follows:

* Alphabetize wingmodel/tailmodel dropdowns in the toolset - for builders - Dave - Nov 26
* Alphabetize Spell books for spellcaster players - for players of spellcasters - Dave - Nov 26
* AI fixes by way of feat.2da CATEGORY column - AI fixes - Dave - Nov 29
* Feat.2da CRValue entries with fractional entries (0.2, 0.5) are rounded down to 0 in practice - Toolset/balance fixes - Dave - Nov 29
* DDS texture format improvement suggestion - DDS file format differs from industry standard - Dave - Dec 3rd
* Called Shot scripting - cannot specify Leg vs Arm for Called Shot when scripting AI with ActionUseFeat() - Dave - Dec 3rd
* Expand Toolset MRU List Length from 4 to 10 - Dave - Dec 7th, 2017
* Improved color tokens and tags - Dave - Dec 7th, 2017
* -userDirectory command line option bugs - Dave - Dec 8, 2017
* Update GetAttemptedAttackTarget with an oCreature target spec - Kev - Dec 9, 2017
* Missing Feat: "Favored Enemy - Ooze" - Dave Dec 12, 2017
* Re-drawing Encounter Trigger Polygons clears preset Variables in the Toolset - Dave - Dec 15, 2017
* DM Client Suggestions (Enc & WP management) - Dave - Dec 27, 2017
* Enhancements for Toolset Encounter Design - Dave - Dec 27 , 2017
* new nwscript for Encounters - Dave - Dec 27, 2017
* Allow DM Client to use custom palettes without TLK entries *and* Allow PaletteIDs to support more than 255 values - Dave - Dec 2017
* support for fancier tilesets with more height variation (per sen in our feywild areas) - Dave - Jan 5, 2018
* support for multiple TLK files for a module - Dave - Jan 9, 2018
* CopyItemAndModify() fails on linux when updating a Cloak - Dave - Jan 31, 2018
* Set/GetACBonusLimit() scripting command suggestions - Kev - Feb 11, 2018
* CutSceneImmobolize issue - Kev - 10 March, 2018
* improved support for custom poisons and diseases - Dave - 23 March, 2018

In addition, though I haven't tested at all, the patch notes imply that issues with spellcasters losing spell slots on login/relogin/polymorph/shapeshift/etc are addressed. That covers a good chunk of the stuff in our bug forum marked as "BW bugs". I may actually try a Shifter [or a Shapechange Wiz/Sorc?] if the patch delivers as advertised. It does not sound like the issue with Spells Known for Cha-based casters with caster PrC levels is addressed, but other community members have raised it repeatedly, so I have not bothered.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Nov 30 2017, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

I've split the initial post out of one of the other NWN Enhanced threads and added a couple more bug reports to the list of stuff I've submitted to Beamdog.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Dec 8 2017, 05:27 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

I've added a few more links to posts & convos @ BeamDog. I'll keep maintaining the list as long as I feel it is useful.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Mar 10 2018, 03:53 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

i've just remembered a big one, quite possibly too late:

CutsceneImmobilize, which bw broke to hell in 1.69. any creature under this effect is automatically subject to SAs even from an enemy they're directly engaging (and i assume the victim is also taking a massive invisible penalty to AC). the intent is that this ONLY stops the creature from moving, and nothing else, and it used to work that way correctly. now, the behavior is much closer to CutScene*Paralyze*, except the action queue is still usable (ie you can fight and heal).

we see this in the Grappling bigbys, which i THINK are the only spells that use it, but it makes them potentially much more powerful than we'd really like, depending on who's attacking the victim.

> and evards. original notes are here: http://www.dreunoctem.com/index.php?showtopic=4062

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Mar 10 2018, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Reported!

Linky: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/35910

FYI, I don't think it's anywhere near "too late". BeamDog's put out patches and support for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition for ~5 years since the initial release. I think we're going to see regular patches for quite some time, if all goes well.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Apr 13 2018, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

QUOTE (dave @ Mar 10 2018, 02:38 AM)
Reported!

Linky: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/35910

FYI, I don't think it's anywhere near "too late".  BeamDog's put out patches and support for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition for ~5 years since the initial release.  I think we're going to see regular patches for quite some time, if all goes well.

-Dave

Reply from BD on CutsceneImmobolize() issue:

Issue #35910 has been updated by Bill Harper.
Status changed from New to Submitted
Category AI added
Internal Report: #36607

Thanks for submitting this issue to us. We have verified it as still present in the current build, and it has been passed on to the team for evaluation. This may be intentional behavior, but as noted this can be somewhat unbalancing so we'll review the issue. Pending on that decision, any fixes would be thoroughly tested and then added into the next available build.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

They've also fixed the cloak crafting issue. I should followup on closing out some of the issues we reported in our list above when I get a chance. tongue.gif

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The AFK Lounge - Community Discussion and Off Topic Chatter | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0340 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]