Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Windows 10 and NWN - crashy crash
dave
  Posted: Jul 11 2016, 04:26 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

I've been running Win 10 almost a year with no issues but I'm blaming some updates the machine decided to apply last Tuesday for fresh issues. I noted Friday night I couldn't test stuff in-game with the usual quickie toolset shortcut cause the game crashed on every attempt.

Ug.

I spent most of my free time Friday night through tonight poking the BW Tech Support forum for ideas, and even uninstalled/reinstalled NWN from scratch tonight.

I've managed to log onto DN twice since reinstall, but it's still not reliable. Nothing worked before the reinstall. I've only been able to get in game if I sit through the entire opening man vs minotaur cinematic thingy. That's time consuming and flakey.

Anyway, until I can make some progress in getting the game more stable, it's a lot harder to test modding stuff and I may be late for Monday night runs, so head's up. ohmy.gif

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Jul 11 2016, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

hrm. the cinematic means running nwn.exe - i take it you've tried going direct via nwmain.exe with compatibilty mode set to xp etc?

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Jul 11 2016, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

QUOTE (arQon @ Jul 11 2016, 10:16 AM)
hrm. the cinematic means running nwn.exe - i take it you've tried going direct via nwmain.exe with compatibilty mode set to xp etc?

Aye; I've had shortcuts to nwmain with direct connects set up for DN and DN (DM) for ages, and sometime between our last Monday night session and Friday night, things when in a handbasket.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Jul 12 2016, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

i figured, but brought it up in case the reinstall lost those settings. that's a real nuisance. sad.gif

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Aug 6 2016, 04:47 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

And a driver update published today by AMD/ATI seems to have fixed this issue. Playing in windowed mode seems busted, so I can't have the game up on one screen with the toolset open on the other screen for reference, but this is still an improvement over the last couple weeks.

Whole mess was caused by Win 10 applying her own update (from last November? I was holding off) and/or grabbing drivers at the same time. Ah well - onwards and upwards.

We fly tomorrow - be well and I'll check in after R&R.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The AFK Lounge - Community Discussion and Off Topic Chatter | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0354 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]