x2_craft_180220.zip
=============

Directions:

0) open module in toolset
1) unzip into temp0
2) overwrite both files
3) recompile all scripts

Notes:

* Locally: Fixes dupe bug when cancelling crafting robes etc through the BW radial menu, adds debug info, misc cleanup. I am curious if maybe our frankenmerge of BW+mil Tailor ideas once we extended the available robes caused half the issues here, but I see references to attempts to fix this bug elsewhere (Shadooow's NWN Community Patch 1.72 marks dupes with a variable, plots &/or curses them, and then cleans them up on next login)

If this looks good on the server as well, then I'll look at enabling robe/armor appearance crafting for set items, deity items, etc.

None of this helps with cloak crafting, but we've submitted a bug to the nwnee team here, in hopes of a fix from them someday.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Feb 22 2018, 05:27 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 297

2018-02-21-kev-mod.zip - LIVE
====================================================================

imported x2_craft_180220.zip

resolves the issues with henchmen and set items. hopefully this is the end of this particular nightmare...

the Turing Device will now accept mixtures of Greater Cloaks and Set Items

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Feb 25 2018, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

dave_180224.zip
-------------------

1) Unzip into temp0
2) Recompile module scripts

-updated DNEQ reward handler routine to re-order player messaging
-added décor in the Grue House of Lords throne room
-updated static gong blueprint
-update scrolls for Wall of Dispel to be useable by Bards
-updated mil's tailor convo for readability (colorization) slightly in the main menu
-updated lost scarab item inv icon to differentiate it (by color) from aytay charms (and darkling charms)
-minor grammar update to Ro Laren's dialog
-updated soundscapes in The Deep areas
-added décor to the Tannim Tunnels
-fixed an issue in the "low int" convo branch for Captain Kirk wherein a PC could not travel to the Tannim Badlands
-did some design maintenance on GG encounters & instances, and bumped up 1 subset of the L1 encounter spawn difficulties slightly
-updated /w pots whisper chat behavior to list juv and heal pots separately, rather than totaled [dn_inc_item]
-updated some punctuation on a login message [dn_mod_clenter]
-updated Feywild Maze Twig Blight monster builds slightly

dave_180226.zip
-------------------

1) Unzip into temp0
2) Recompile module scripts

-updated BW /feat menu craft skill to allow crafting of set & deity items, matching behavior of mil's tailor
-updated Glittering Remains to use a new for 035 placeable model asset
-created several new loot bag placeable variants based on new for 035 assets
-updated lootbag selection behavior [dn_inc_lootbag]
*variables set by the builder on creature blueprints now take priority over 2da (can fix Azers to Ashes more easily, etc)
*Racial/Subrace processing still occurs at lowest priority after toolset variable & 2da
-In Quivira, daos, djinni, efreeti, and marids now drop manually placed heal kits
-In Quivira, elemental lords and barons now drop manually placed heal kits
-In Quivira, elemental hulks (not hulklings) now drop manually placed heal kits
-added lootbag appearance control variables on elemental hulks
-added descriptions to some Quiviran mobs (mentioned above) that had none
-updated MC incandesent gords to use a slightly smaller VFX model added in 035 [dn_inc_vfx, mfx_include]
-added ZIP_mtgiedi waypoint; added a reference to this in the Weary Trav dialog

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Feb 26 2018, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

dave - if you've got a copy of the mod with those patches in it, just go ahead and install it. i've been struggling the last few days and don't have any changes since my last update.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Feb 26 2018, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

OK, I'll plan to make a mod rev tonight. I've noticed some odd lootbag behavior already, but nothing fatal - just weird selection of lootbag models (puddles for Aphotic Armor?), and I won't get to fix that before an upload, but I will submit what I have before we play.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Feb 27 2018, 02:51 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-02-26-dave-mod.zip
=================
-updated mummy templates throughout the module to use new "Dust" corpse model (new for 035)
-"Blood to Dust" will set a variable on slain targets to have them leave a pile of dust rather than Blood. This probably won't work on players and may look funny on some targets, but should mostly be nice flavor. [untested!]

-rebuilt scripts
Installed/live

Note: the lootbag system is a bit unstable right now; bug reports are welcome, but it is getting work this week.

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-02-27-dn1server-dave-hak.zip
-Mass Resurrection now craftable [des_crft_spells.2da]
-Mass Resurrection now scribeable [des_crft_scroll.2da]

2018-02-27-DN1-dave-mod.zip
-updates to lootbag code, related placeables, and a couple monster settings (hulks)
-refined some autochat behavior with respect to triggering on min/max counts of chat tokens
-fixed an issue with CountItemsInInventorybyResRef() wherein upper/lower case variation could break a resref matching operation
-fixed an issue with CountItemsInInventorybyResRef() wherein the script checked string equivalency without using TestStringAgainstPattern()
-made a new version of CountItemsInInventorybyResRef called CountItemUsesInInventorybyItemResRef() to help count Res available to the party
-Mass Resurrection scrolls now exist, and should be scribeable [new blueprint]
-added Mass Rez scrolls to the loot tables (Epic Scrolls)
-added a "/w gotrez" chat command - updated the help 2da as well to document it [override/dn1_chathelp.2da]
-started deploying some new 035 robes etc to a few npcs, but morcan happen later and these are easy to patch without holding up the mod dev in other areas

-rebuilt scripts
Installed/live

Note: some changes above do affect persistent storage scripts, and those aren't testable offline for me. I expect any behaior change to be an improvement, however.

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Mar 4 2018, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-03-03-DN1-dave-mod.zip
-updated Grue Throne Room décor (Thx Kev for Nit Report!)
-updated Tannim Tunnel décor
-Grue Effigies now use Glittering Remains lootbags, rather than Rubble
-implemented EMS script for Manticore Spikes monster ability [this could be made to scale better]
-implemented EMS script for Shifter Manticore Spikes monster ability
-implemented EMS script for Twig Blight Spikes monster ability [this could be made to scale better]
-added ZIP_dharena wp to the Death Halls Arena test area
-the Paradan Zoo has moved and rebranded itself as the Paradan Nature Reserve Park; it is now located East of the Noble District, near the Port District Gates
*designer notes: the zookeeper's BQ should be easier to remember and access with less distance to walk to find/take/collect the quest
-made minor updates to the Zookeeper and her dialog
-redesigned the new expanded Zoo/Park
-deployed some new robe models from 035 haks

-rebuilt scripts
Installed/live

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Mar 5 2018, 01:01 AM
Quote Post

2018-03-04-kev-mod.zip - LIVE

dave: i've installed this in case i get a chance to test the ai fixes. feel free to overwrite it if you have something in progress: if so, the changes are also on the server as:

2018-03-04-kev-patch.zip
--------------------------------

open module in toolset and unzip into temp0, overwriting any conflicts. rebuild all scripts.

expand ocypete's trigger in crystal floodplains so it's harder to accidentally bypass, and remove an adjacent spawn that tends to double. (dn_wis_crystalfp.*)

henchmen who are trying to heal someone will re-check that the target still needs healing each round. this fixes them getting locked up indefinitely if they can't reach the person they're trying to heal and that person heals themselves. (x0_inc_henai.nss)

tweaked sable's AI so that she only HIPSes against melee attacks. previously, AOEs like creeping doom could trigger it, effectively "disabling" her for alternate rounds when she could/should have just kept dishing out the Stabbity. smile.gif (nw_ch_ac5.nss)

adding an "uptime" whisper for builders to see how long the server's been running. note that this is based on the mod heartbeat, and as such will experience a LOT of drift, especially if the server is pegged, but it's still useful at times. (dn_mod_pcchat.nss)

fixed a bug in the loot code that was reading the area despawn delay from the chest, not the area. so it was always 0, and thus meant chests in weyrs etc didn't adopt the area respawn timer the way they should. (dn_inc_loot.nss)

add level 33 and 34 builds for the henchmen (dn_hen_*.utc)

fixed what is almost certainly the longest-lived bug ever...
talking to estax after completing his conversation would start it over again. this is because (1) the convo is checking for a var on estax instead of the pc; and (2) it never actually sets that var in the first place. (which is fortunate, or it would have broken the nexus trials for every other pc until the next reset!). removed all the broken var uses and changed the script to check for nexus ammy possession instead. (dn_t4_done.nss, dn_q6_starttrial.nss, dn_t4_abortc.nss)

changed estax back to being silver, since we have vex these days; and removed 20 sorc levels and a bunch of related garbagefeats. (dn_nexus_dragon.utc)

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Mar 5 2018, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-03-04-DN1-dave-mod.zip

*based on Kev's overnight 03-04 patch!

-deleted some obsolete resources
-minor palette updates [henchmen is now a top level folder!]
-added a new NPC to the Preserve/Zoo in Paradan

Installed/live

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Mar 7 2018, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

OVERRIDE UPDATED!!!!

dn1_chat.2da - added info for the update whisper command
dn1_keys.2da - slated to replace DN1_keys.2da next server update (renamed so filename is all lowercase - no other changes)

Directions to builders

1) update your dn1_chathelp.2da from the server override dir
2) Rename your local override DN1_keys.2da to dn1_keys.2da (most likely, your keys enable different local test mods at home than on the server, so DON't update from the server, just rename locally)

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Mar 7 2018, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-03-06-dn1server-dave-hak.zip
-updated the ATS Invisible Corpse placeable to instead use the pool of blood appearance

2018-03-06-DN1-dave-mod.zip
-fixed some convos in the Paradan Zoo, added a sign for it in the Noble District to help find it
-fixed an issue with the "gotrez" whisper chat reporting pots instead of rez assets for henchmen [dn_inc_item]
-changed references to "DN1_keys.2da" to "dn1_keys.2da" - all lowercase [dn_mod_pcchat][dn_a_join][dn_mod_onrest]
-updated timing of Sewer Note reward item from Moric [dn_par_taketails]
-added some loot in the Paradan Sewers
-made some non-hostile zoo animal replacement creature templates and deployed them
-minor refactoring of some nexus code

-rebuilt scripts
Installed/live

DESIGNERS: Make sure your override is updated locally! (see previous patch note)

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Mar 10 2018, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-03-09-DN1-dave-mod.zip
-updated Comments on a Special/Test NPC
-updated Burning Horror lootbag spec (Earth->Fire)
-added lootbag spec to the Simpson Family (Fire)
-fixed a typo in tailor_clothes convo (thier->their)
-Giedi Valley ZIP points are now documented in the zipomatic convo

Installed/Live

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Mar 12 2018, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-03-12-DN1-dave-mod.zip
-hacked up an experimental bag widget and added it to the dm chest. Its supposed to let you change bag appearances for empty containers, but is still n testing
-hacked up Captain Kirk's convo some more to try and better sync up the smart and stupid convo branches. Ug. Half the links in the "Stormy and somewhere different" stuff and "Janice Rand" stuff was missing from the stupid branch.
-added uptime reporting to the mod .log file time stamp reporting

-installed, but not rebuilt

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Mar 15 2018, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-03-14-DN1-dave-mod.zip
-Updated the BW Brooch of Shielding blueprint to use a custom DN appearance which is more easily distinguishable in inventory from the ATS jewelry crafting tools. It should also be distinguishable from the Brooch of Defense (different shades of green)
-Abigail now sells both Brooches of Defense in Mag Tuireadh
-tweaked "gotrez" chat command formatting for legibility, then updated the behavior to filter out listing of resources the character does NOT have
-tweaked uptime formatting to pad minutes/seconds with a leading "0" when less than 10
-added a "healer" chat command that works like the shopper command, except it reports party heal skills rather than appraise
-updated sGetGenderPronoun() to return his/her rather than him/her - which is correct for the only places it is used for now
-"tnl" chat command now always reports henchmen's level to help spot under-levelled henchmen
-fixed an issue where the tnl code used the player's level rather than the henchmen's level in reporting
-"who" chat command will now color code henchie level differently if their level is less than their master's level
-converted Sharlie Cheen's Tiger Blood collecting NPC into an EQ:
*retired two old supporting obsolete scripts
*added a DNEQ6 journal entry to support this
*Tiger Blood is now marked as the quest item; older Tiger Bloods should work with the quest if first updated in the AFK Item Updater
*updated the DM Chest of Test resources to remove stuff used recently to develop some AQ/EQ/XQ quests, including Tiger Blood added for Sharlie Cheen testing
*Weary Trav now lists the already existing "sheen" zip point for testing
-EQ progress reports in the in game messaging now tell you explicitly which item they are reporting on (eg Tiger Blood, etc)
-updated the Nexus Wand to try to add an option to Create an Ammy for PCs not already in possession of one. Amusingly, the complimentary options is already available. Touched some code in dn_inc_nexus and related bits.
-nuked the testing Nexus Ammy on the floor at my house, since the Wand's upgraded functionality should make it obsolete

-rebuilt scripts
Installed/live

Override
=======
-updated dn1_chathelp.2da to document the new "healer" chat command

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Server Status and Information | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0340 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]