Dreu Noctem

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Suggestion: New Rogue Armors, Endgame rogue armors are decidedly lacking.
Phage
Posted: Nov 10 2006, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 117

Gogo AFK Swimsuit +5. smile.gif

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi. - I came, I saw... I slept.
-----------------------------
Current writing project (on hold): The Hidden Depths
Check out A Guide to Divine Asskickery - DN Cleric Guide!
"Prestige classes are classes that every player would like their characters to have, but must first gain permission from Wizards of the Coast before their character can take one." - RPGA test
PMEmail Poster
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Nov 10 2006, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

QUOTE (dave @ Nov 10 2006, 11:20 AM)

Agreed, but there may not even much point in that.  Most characters interested in that type of armor will likely already have UMD or Legend Lore.  I guess dex-Rangers may be an exception, but I think they are fine at the moment anyway, no?

-Dave

I just ran in with Mort my wizzie, never used LL before with any spellcaster, was surprised that he even had the spell, anyhoo... Robes of Divine Awakening +4 (lol all he could afford to buy!).. nice :-) LL worked just fine on it and if a rogue had enough UMD and Int to cast the spell, then they would be able to wear it as well. And LL being a hmm level 6 spell iirc would mean that a good rogue build who puts points in UMD with an emerald ring or two would be able to cast it easily. Cait only has 5 in UMD and low Int so she wouldn't be able to use a LL scroll (if there are any for that matter) .. but then again, I never bothered with the spell not knowing exactly what it does..lol

I know Kev's got the specifications on UMD & Int needed to be able to cast scrolls without failures (most times heh ehh) somewhere around here on the forums.

*Goes to check and mark in journal notes*

There's also alot of nice Ranger & Druid armors in Mag Town too Dave & even some in Geidi I believe. Those too can be LL'd I reckon. Hmm wonder if LL works on a crafted cloth? Gonna check that one.

*Holds up sign that reads: More Areas! More Monsters! More Better!*

:-D

EDIT: Yep, LL works well on the ATS crafted monk clothes... nice one I saw with AC as well as damage/soak on it :-) Stil broke tho and could only afford to LL an Olive one heh heh.

And Vic, I didn't see any +5 swim suits heh ehh, must be a legacy one!

EDIT2: Just FYI for UMD references:

UMD + Char + Int = Cast Scrolls

LL Spec's (last bottom entry)

This post has been edited by Emaleth_Donnelaith on Nov 10 2006, 10:40 AM

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Phage
Posted: Nov 10 2006, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

Nope. Not legacy.

AFK Swimsuit +5 is, surprisingly, a semi-serious suggestion for generic cloth armor. ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Prestige classes are classes that every player would like their characters to have, but must first gain permission from Wizards of the Coast before their character can take one." - RPGA test
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Nov 22 2007, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

Did we ever do anything with this? Does AFK swimwear +5 already exist?

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Nov 22 2007, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

Hmm you know, I have never seen this swimsuit..lol, might just be that I'm not looking for it if I have to get a seq stone.

Yesterday when running with Kev, in loot we had alot of nice padded outfits show up, those, the crafted padded, Resist vests and the Go Go UMD robes are good. So there really isn't a huge lack of rogue wear.. just depends I reckon on how you eq yourself. I got a few rogues who can get into the mid-high 50's and I have seen a few into the 60's before.

And with the right eq, being very dexy and having a brooch or two (or a good caster..lol) cripes, you can get AC up there.

Hmm only thing I can think of atm is perhaps having something with a Discipline boost for those areas with 'HiPS Useless THEY SEE ME' instances in Knockdown IGMM Crit City! 'Course there are items with Disc, but I think rogues tend to wear dex bracers & saves belts, etc.

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
dave
Posted: Nov 22 2007, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Yeah. Hmm, disc is one thing I want to shy away from though on rogue armors. I've started playing a rogue a bit of late again so I'll see if I get any strong opinions, lol.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 03:47 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

The rogue outfits are, without exception, terrible, I have to agree. There are no good AC0 ones at all, and only two AC0 ones to begin with, which on top of being "good" solely by virtue of being "only" (they're level 14+16, and inferior to every other class's level 10 armor) are charged and can't be stored.

However, endgame is the one place there IS decent gear to wear. None of it is "Official Rogue Gear", sure, but it IS decent, it's easily UMD'd, and aside from Bastion-ish items it compares perfectly reasonably with what other classes get.

--

Re-reading this thread though, I think my points from a year ago still stand. I HAD to take a monk level on that ranger in the end because there was LITERALLY nothing to wear otherwise. Which, on an elf, who has neither as favored, essentially made her unplayable thanks to the XP hit. She's a GREAT char, no question: superb, across the board. I just don't play her any more though because it's simply too much of a slog.

Back on topic: my current baby rogue (9) has "nothing" to wear, in that she's into AC0 levels of DEX already, and (nearly) all the monk items are Only-By-Lawful, which is an unreachable UMD DC. I was well aware of this, but even I'm not going to make a Lawful Rogue just to get around that. tongue.gif

I'd *like* to turn the sets of "rogue" outfits into something Actually Usable (the ones with potential at least - anything AC2 is a bard outfit, and anything higher than THAT should just be deleted) but I doubt I'm ever going to get round to it. A progression from AC2+3 at level 7, to AC0+5 at 10, to AC0+5+univ1 (wizard robes) at 15 is, if not great, certainly by no means horribly unfair.

Endgame isn't the problem, other than the lack of anything remotely in the same class as Bastion, which I admit I always find semi-amusing since if there's one class that NEEDS Bastion, it's Rogues. But certainly, as far as time vs return goes, a Swimsuit+5 is a huge win - even more so when compared to the grief involved in fixing up the restrictions on 800 existing items. smile.gif

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
Phage
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Divine Asskickerologist

My rogue barbarian wears AC2 armors. I found a neat armor to use: Greenleaf, in Mag Tuireadh, +5 AC and +10 Hide. Usable at L14-15.

I don't think there's anything much better unless I start tailoring armors.

I think Greenleaf is probably the best non-bard armor you can get presently at AC2...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Greenleaf is a great item. I've used it on a couple chars on other servers to great effect. smile.gif

So let's talk in IRC about making a couple new items instead of fixing 800 legacy ones at some point. My rogue is 11 or 12 ish and has gotten there without too much trouble - AC certianly isn't an issue, but I have the benefit of a bit of muling. With that said, company definitely is a huge help.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

Sigh. Barb 12 / Rogue *2* is not a rogue ffs.

The point is, AC2 at least has SOMETHING comparable to the Heavy chars throughout the entire game, from +5s up to Yellow/White armors. AC0 doesn't even have that, and what it does have HAS to be "bought" with UMD.

(Not that I support the philosophy that crafting of any kind should be a REQUIREMENT for players, but at least the option is there, except for AC0).

This post has been edited by arQon on Nov 26 2007, 10:29 PM

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Nov 27 2007, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Alright. I've made some notes based on irc chat and this thread, and will put some time into some armors soon.

First, however, I'm going to focus on finishing up the HAK work that ran into a snag last year. After that's released and up and running, I'll spend some time on this.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Crossroads - Suggestions and Questions Inbox | Next Newest »

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0282 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]