> Welcome to Crossroads!
dave
Posted: Mar 8 2005, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

Hey Gang.

We have made a new forum - the one you're reading. The entire purpose of this place is to give a home for discussions between players and designers about the module's design and direction. Most of these discussions currently take place in the AFK Lounge forum, but we decided to give those types of threads and polls a home of their own. This forum.

The point of this place is to try and live up to the "About Us" page and a signature I use to advertise DN a little better: "a design team that listens". We do a lot of work on a lot of differnt things, and I'm not sure how well players really understand what design team projects and priorities are. Sometimes, I'm not sure y'all understand we have RLs and outside commitments too, hehe. smile.gif

So, hopefully, this place may help make our efforts and work direction more transparent. Please use this forum to ask questions, or start polls, or contribute ideas about how to improve DN. We'd love to hear from you. In the meantime, I'm thinking about how best to use this place to give you meaningful information without flooding y'all with too much (or not enough) information. Our public patch notes, in the server status forum, give you a good peak at work as it happens, but it doesn't explain how we decide to work on project X instead of project Y.

Anyway, hopefully this place will prove useful. I will move some old threads from the AFK Lounge to here in order to try and give you an idea of the kids of discussions we'd like to foster here.

Welcome! Please make yourselves comfortable. smile.gif My only rule for this forum is as follows: I don't want to lock any threads. This place is to promote ideas, and examining them, and reexamining them again and again, when needed.

-shadguy

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Mar 8 2005, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

QUOTE (shadguy @ Mar 8 2005, 10:32 AM)
I will move some old threads from the AFK Lounge to here in order to try and give you an idea of the kids of discussions we'd like to foster here.

I've gone through several pages of the AFK Forum, back through early october, to grab suggestion and feedback threads for this forum. I've moved them here to help highlight and focus on them. That should also help set the tone for the forum - most of the stuff that got moved is polls or discussions - large or small - about ways to improve DN. A good chunk of them have already been committed to and implemented. A short browse here gives a decent overview of some of the major highlights of the last several months.

Please, if there is something else you would like to see discussed - or revisisted from a previous discussion - bump it, or start a new thread - or something like that. Historically, a lot of our player feedback is done via IRC, but some players don't come there, so hopefully everyone will be comfortable in this forum].

-shad

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Crossroads - Suggestions and Questions Inbox | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0247 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]