Dreu Noctem

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Broken chests?
Medieve
Posted: Dec 15 2006, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 478

I'm apparently not allowed to post in the bug forum, so this will be just fine.

Anyway, I've noticed that ever since I've come back and started playing again, none of the random-treasure doodads spawn anything. Specifically that I've noticed are in the cemetary with the two crates and the North Shore mines there are a few crates that don't have treasure either.
PMEmail Poster
Duster47
Posted: Dec 15 2006, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Klingons Don't Cuddle

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 83

You cannot create a new thread directly in the Shifting Sands Bug forum. Instead, post a note in this Pinned Bug Report Form thread.

I am not aware of any update that would have busted the low-level treasure chests you mention.

--------------------
'etlhwIj mujatlhvaD

Klingon - My sword shall speak for me.

+++ HouSe of martok +++

muvoQchu' (they have faith in me clearly) - P23/F4 -miner/blacksmith of fine weapons and armor

Sabomchu'meH (I sing clearly for you) - Bard21/Barb2 - tanner/tailor & fletcher

SanejmeH (I search for you) - Bard21 - jeweler, fletcher & alchemist

SateHchu' puqloD Sabomchu'meH je muvoQchu' (I-am-true-to-you-clearly son of Sabomchu'meH and muvoQchu') - Ranger12

bangLi'teH puqbe' Sabomchu'meH je muvoQchu' (love-your-be-true daughter of Sabomchu'meH and muvoQchu') - C5/P1

+++ frienDS of tlhe HouSe of martok +++

jIyoHbej (I be-brave certainly) - Barbarian10/F6 - mercenary
PMEmail Poster
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Dec 16 2006, 12:50 AM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

The Loot system for chests, crates, barrels etc is still on the fritz and has been for quite some time now after hmm the 1.68 update? iirc, the builders are aware of it and have opted on working on other things like new areas & monsters, fixing & tweaking other things and adding the Eldritch Knight prestige class and since the monsters do drop bits, gold and eq (bosses etc) when they die fixing what Bioware broke is kinda low on the totem pole I would imagine heh ehh.

Anyhoo, I tend not to bother checking chests and all anymore, so maybe the low level loot containers finally broke with the rest of them? And since it has been mentioned many times before with 'No Loot' found with other bugs on the bug and design side, no one has posted a specific bug for just the loot system.

I would hazard a guess that none of of the chests, crates, boxes, etc. have any loot in them at this point. I would try and check them out since I have time, but honestly have no clue on how to do it since I am not that proficient with the toolset. From what I have read on other threads on the loot system it looks like alot of work needs to be done and not enough time to do it! :-)

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Medieve
Posted: Dec 16 2006, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 478

Whoa, so its been buggered for two years now?
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Dec 16 2006, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

The 1.68 patch was released in August. No one's been playing or building much for quite some time though.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 03:03 AM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

QUOTE (dave @ Dec 16 2006, 07:27 PM)
No one's been playing or building much for quite some time though.

-Dave

Hey! Some of us are still playing! :-P Just RL tends to take away the fun time every now & then. I'm usually on 3-4 times a week for an hour or so at least... sometimes more when me running partner is on, hard to stay away doncha know :-)

Back to the subject at hand though Medieve, for now I wouldn't worry that much about nothing being in containers, there are still good drops from critters with kits, gold and occassional items that you can easily sell for better items (and gold tends to be more the higher level of critters you fight). And with crafting, you can always make them as there is alot of great gear to be made from the ATS.

There are the two gypsies (one at NS and one at Crossroads) who will buy creature bits as well as the Pinot's (halflings) found here and there in Paradan, Mag Town and Geidi who will buy bulk. There are a few merchants too who are not in towns but spread out in off places.. like in caves, on a plateau and and by an abandoned city for instance. Even one where you have to use your brain to solve a riddle :-)

And the Player Vendors tend to have some nice crafted items at the Crossroads if you don't have a mind to craft yourself.

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
dave
Posted: Nov 22 2007, 04:36 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

We have a workaround for this now - DMs can fix busted loot. It is a simple things for them to do that requires only a bit more effort than a quick log in after a reset.

Unfortunately, the loot isn't being initialized properly. It works on several of our machines at home, but not on the server, for whatever reason.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Jun 13 2017, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

the loot system was completely rewritten (many years ago now) so it's all happy puppies again

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Crossroads - Suggestions and Questions Inbox | Next Newest »

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0274 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]