> Epic Dwarven Defender Feat Missing
arQon
Posted: Oct 11 2017, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 297

"Epic Dwarven Defender" feat missing.

delin (the real one) just turned DD11, but the feat is missing from him (in game, that is). it's just cosmetic (faik), but it does give useful information like the bonus feat rate and bonus feat list.

--

i checked a few things, but i can't see what's wrong with this. sad.gif

dn doesn't modify cls_feat_dwdef, afaict, so the hotu file should still be getting used. line 193 in that is the EpicDD feat, which is feat 985, granted on level 11, which all looks good.

in the 033 feat.2da, 985 is indeed EpicDD (as it is in the base game).
the "feat" column changes from 83525 to 16M+, which i assume is the rename from "Epic DD" to "DD, Epic".
the "description" column doesn't actually change (83546 in both). (which, sidenote, means it still has references to devcrit as a bonus eat, but meh).
the only other difference i see is that in the hotu 2da it's category 5, whereas in the dn one it's 6, but i doubt that's important.

regardless, if i level delin from F10/WM7/DD10 to DD11 in a test mod, he gets the feat. in dn (online or offline) he doesn't.

that's the limit of my ability with doing the 2da dance, unfortunately: this one's going to need dave.

note> doughan, who hasn't updated since 2012-10-07, ie the migration, is DD14 and is also missing the feat *on the website*, but DOES have it if i load his char into a test mod; AND has "DD, Epic" if i load him into dn offline.
if i load the DD11 version of delin into the test mod, he DOESN'T have feat there. so, that might help a little with tracking it down, maybe.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

QUOTE (arQon @ Oct 11 2017, 06:59 AM)
note> doughan, who hasn't updated since 2012-10-07, ie the migration, is DD14 and is also missing the feat *on the website*, but DOES have it if i load his char into a test mod; AND has "DD, Epic" if i load him into dn offline.
if i load the DD11 version of delin into the test mod, he DOESN'T have feat there. so, that might help a little with tracking it down, maybe.

Doughan shows as having the feat if I look here: http://www.dreunoctem.com/index.php?act=cl...bic&owner=arQon

Did Delin level up naturally ie in game? All the stuff you checked should be all we need to check, afaik.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

> Doughan shows as having the feat if I look here

huh. so he does. my bad: i guess i was looking for "Epic DD" and somehow missed the rename.

> Did Delin level up naturally ie in game?

jep. you should be able to repro it locally pretty easily with the egg if you're curious by just removing and readding DD11+

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Oct 23 2017, 03:03 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Member No.: 78

I've reproduced the bug with Brik tonight online. I've crawled through the same 2da analysis as you and I think stuff looks the way it should, as well. Gonna let this one breath and see if fresh eyes spot something in the future after a few months maybe.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The Shifting Sands - Bug & Exploit Reports | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0239 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]