dave
Posted: Jan 2 2018, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

2018-01-01-dn1server-dave-hak.zip
====================================================================
-moved dn_w_fog* scripts, etc into the module and out of the hak [many were duped]
-dn_deity.2da moved into the server hak from the override dir

2018-01-01-DN1-dave-mod.zip
-moved all code from dn_inc_spell_fog into dn_inc_fog and nuked dn_inc_spell_fog. I saw no compelling reason to have both files kicking around
-refactored a bunch of stuff in dn_inc_fog, as well as in some scripts that call these functions, including fixing a number of broken/missing/incorrect magic numbers
-updated the dn_area* and dn_inc_area scripts (related to above)
-defined a new area-event (dn_inc_event) related to fog
-implemented a new area-event for the new fey dungeons (dn_area_*, dn_inc_area)
-updated and improved dn_inc_fog/DN_GetIsAreaAlwaysDay()
-DN_SaveInitialFogSettingsForArea() is now called once in dn_area_enter, instead of in every other custom fog handling function
* This was a consequence of writing something to stick on the vault and not wanting to deal with helping people update their module scripts, back in the day. Cleanup was long overdue.
-re-wrote the Fog Debug setting reporting function (WIP)
-Gust of Wind and Air Ellie Whirlwind Pulse now reduce fogginess in the area on casting (implemented in spellhook)
-started puttering around with implementing a "dn debug" chat command to set up a debug hook for dn scripts analagous to the "ems debug" hook for builders [dn1_chathelp.2da updated]

-rebuilt scripts

Installed/live

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

dave_180114.erf
=============
-refactored some bits in dn_inc_debug
-added some robe related resources, including a test merchant in my house with samples of all the robe appearances
-updated the x0_skill_ctrap dialog robe handler to reuse the tailoring model system for cycling through previous//next/specific appearances values
* This opens up all available robes to all players. Note that some models are not available for some races, sexes, or phenotypes.
* The previous dialog tried to filter out models that don't exist; selecting a valid appearance is now left to the player's discretion.
* The new system will not be fully functional until the release of the 035 update for Dreu Noctem (in progress)
* Updated custom store palette to add fodler for Test Assets
* Removed magic number mangler (+2 offset) from x2_inc_itemprop.nss/IPCreateAndModifyArmorRobe() and added debug msg

Installation:

* Open module in TS
* Delete dn_im_* from the temp0 directory [obsolete filter scripts and robes changer scripts tied to specific values/lines in parts_robes.2da]
* Import ERF and overwrite all assets
* Rebuild all scripts

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Jan 16 2018, 02:33 AM
Quote Post

EMS creator and DN Offical Bug Manager

Member No.: 297

2018-01-15-kev-mod. zip - LIVE

imported dave_180114.erf

the pillars of light in the pantheon now have descriptions

the saves bonuses for deity blessings are now +3 rather than +2

"orphaned" henchman (caused when a PC disconnects with them still hired) will move to AFK after 5 mins, and wait there for 2 hours so players can recover any items they may have given them.

removed Who Rods from kranle ironmonger, afk bathing suit mechanic (which is also the nymph's delight fairy in magt), and the magt armory (tedia). (afaict, those were the last 3 shops in the world that still carried it).

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> go find Kev when he makes his next baby :p
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Jan 22 2018, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

dave_180121.erf
==================
-fixed creature drops for Deep Slugs
-manually colorized The Breech placeable in Two Roads to emphasize that it has an area transition function
-updated dn_inc_appearance to support the 035 patch update
-updated dn_inc_robes and related assets for 035 patch (Euriga's Robepack #2)
-updated scroll blueprints for Mass Regeneration scroll (L4 regen) and Greater as well (L4 regen)
-updated a door name in GV Towah of Divine Might
-updated Crossroads to Birnham forest transition slightly
-updated some MC monster blueprints lootbag assignments

Import/Overwrite all. No need to recompile scripts.

-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Jan 23 2018, 01:35 AM
Quote Post

dave_180121.erf has issues:
CODE

dn_inc_apperance.nss(800): Error: NSC1045: Variable "DN_APPEARANCE_TYPE_PREHISTORIC_TRICERATOPS" defined multiple times in the same scope (previous definition at dn_inc_apperance.nss(247))
dn_inc_apperance.nss(800): Error: NSC1046: Identifier "DN_APPEARANCE_TYPE_PREHISTORIC_TRICERATOPS" is already defined at dn_inc_apperance.nss(247)

let me know which of those values is correct, or fix and resubmit please.

--------------------
azmaveth> so, for my first stint as a dm, I feel the need to spawn a dragon or two on a party of babies...
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Jan 23 2018, 02:46 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Bah, Just add a "_2" to the second one. Sorry I missed that.

ie. DN_APPEARANCE_TYPE_PREHISTORIC_TRICERATOPS_2
-Dave

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Jan 23 2018, 02:59 AM
Quote Post

2018-01-22-kev-mod.zip - LIVE

imported dave_180121.erf

Mother Lannalveffine in the temple of aytay actually had the temple of mithra convo attached to her.

Salty Bob was naked, because the Paladin armor he was supposed to be wearing was corrected to only-by-LG a while ago, and he's TN.

Captain Tractor's custom leather armor had an *extra* 10% ASF. i'm guessing it's supposed to be MINUS 10%. tongue.gif

none of the merchants in faeyn bought boots. riesl now does, and also sells boots of elvenkind.

fixed a typo on all the broken mineshafts on ogygia island.

added non-exc ada tower shields to grak.

tweak ACF to not message (or react to) combat drops if the PC is hidden (ie chose to broke off combat by HIPSing).

Malbec (Rakis Camp) has been given a Commoner level to try and stop her chasing formians halfway across the desert if they attack the camp.

AFK's two entry WPs have been consolidated into just the ZIP_afk WP. (Fiddler's Green etc were already using the ZIP WP: only the afk widget itself was still using the old WP).

"/w area" now includes the area's name (helpful when making notes in unfamiliar areas).

sorella's respawn timer on the rotarran has been cut down to 10s, since she has a tendency to be missing from it for quite some time even at 60s.

the runestone for the FOY quest should now autoloot.

(hopefully) fixed an issue with Plot Items and Relics not messaging when they were autolooted.

corrected the aytay towers keys to be Plot Items, so they should now autoloot and automessage properly.

the weary leveler (and, technically, all xp loss code, but only the egg can actually cause level loss) now clears the pc skin if a level is lost, to prevent the skin being unequipped and requiring a relogin to get it back.

the second attempted fix for star seeds spamming their onacquire message on re/join still didn't actually stop it reliably either, because of a bug (setting the flag on the module instead of the seed) which has now been fixed.

made yet another attempt to fix henchmen constantly ignoring "Follow Me" (VEE) after (literally!) 5 seconds. they can still be pulled into combat by AOOs, and will retaliate no matter what if hit along the way, but it's definitely progress at least.

epic bracers will now activate for henchmen. \o/

epic SETS will now activate for henchmen. biggrin.gif
note: "Powered-Up" Set Items must be unequipped from the henchman before you can remove them.
note: you may have problems removing Set Items from henchmen because of engine bugs. closing and reopening the henchman's inventory will fix that.
NOTE: DO NOT DISMISS *OR LEVEL UP* HENCHMEN WITH POWERED-UP SET ITEMS, or they will be LOST FOREVER! i'll address this eventually, but it's tricky and i'm wiped out right now.

man, that was a LOT of work... smile.gif

deleted the "craftersapron" script which has been a no-op since the ATS Tools Feat and Apron were added.

deleted the "craftersapronsimple" item, which is unneeded and unwanted since the ATS Tools Feat and Apron were added.
(note: the ats merchants still have a reference to it in their inventories, which are in the HAK. they also have a reference to the stupid no-drop ats trade journals, which were deleted months ago. i'm not going to rev the hak just for that, but we should do it next time we're in there).

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
arQon
Posted: Jan 25 2018, 01:01 AM
Quote Post

2018-01-26-kev-mod.zip - LIVE

fixed a bug in dn_mod_reequip, which although it runs the correct scripts for the equipped items of the resurectee didn't actually set the items or creature correctly. (it couldn't, because there were no suitable engine interfaces for that). the only reason it worked at all was because TIR_Equip etc take the PC and item as arguments rather than using the engine calls directly.
Sets were still using the engine calls until the last patch though, and only "worked" because Set Item properties are permanent: the scripts were actually running on random players. smile.gif

fixed a related bug in dn_spellhook, which was incorrectly running the reequip script on OSELF - which is whoever cast resurrection - rather than on the module object.

removed a leftover debug message in the DD Set code.

blackguard summons now use EMS_HENCH_SHOW_SAVES.

blackguard summons are no longer immortal in local test mode (messes up trying to test balance too often).

familiars are no longer immortal in local test mode (likewise).

nospmis changed Race last month and stopped dropping HKs as a result: they now have +15s placed on them to restore that behavior. also tweaked their builds a little.

gords were inexplicably wearing Boots Of The Bear, which are only-by-monk and only-by-lawful, neither of which the gords actually are, and as a result the boots will be unequipped immediately when they spawn. changed to Hardened.

warrior sparks have had their bw gs (+3 +1d6E) replaced with an exc mith.

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Jan 28 2018, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

dave_180128.zip
============
-updated various placeable models for instances and blueprints in the module that reference obsolete redundant models
• NS Harborside Mines updated
• Amur Weyr areas updated
-updates a pair of ranckor builds after playtesting
-renames MC Weyr to mark it "on Hold" for NWNEE

Instructions: Unzip into temp0 & Overwrite all

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Jan 29 2018, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

2018-02-05-kev-mod.zip - LIVE

imported dave_180128.zip (which is actually named "piratex_180128.zip")

removed references to the Simple crafter's apron and ats no-drop journals in the ats mastercrafter inventories
(needs updated hak, wich is NOT uploaded yet)

rewrote fog code. expect problems, and it's very clunky right now, but spell-induced fog should at least clear up properly.

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Feb 11 2018, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

dave_xq_180211.zip
==============

Before importing
-delete dnsc_q1_*.* from temp0
-delete dn_q1_q*.n* from temp0
-delete dn_q1_w_kthughed.* from temp0
-delete dn_q1_w_mineperm.n* from temp0
-delete dn_q9*.n* from temp0

after import
-rebuild all scripts

-wrote DNXQ script set based on both the Miller Quest and the DNEQ system
-nuked redundant vars on the Miller quest tracking and status [oy, so much bookkeeping]
-updated module journal file - Miller quest tag updated from q9 to DNXQ9
-updated dn_c2_i0_generic to handle DNXQ quest VFX markers on NPCs
-updated Miller NPC and updated his convo to work with DNXQ system
-Miller NPC no longer needs despawn escape (removed)
-updated Mill Beetle Encounter templates and instances in the Mill basement (first pass)
-updated dn_inc_q_const (Miller quest no longer persists, old const commented out)
-updated dn_inc_q_journal (old Miller quest persistent vars now deleted on player login)
-updated Miller Journal entry state values to comply with DNXQ system (old rewards were hardcoded in script, journal was set to 0xp reward)
-refactored some code across the AQ/BQ/EQ/XQ quest systems - I should retest all of these more!!!
-moved Felling from the Commoner palette folder in Bifrost to the Quest folder
-DNXQ system allows for a unique reward (eg Miller Ring) and a common reward (eg cure wounds pot) for PCs completing quests. Unique rewards are not granted to players already in possession of the reward item, for example, when a quest is repeated after a server reset.
-updated AQ/BQ/EQ systems with same support ( updated: dn_inc_quest_pw added: GiveLocalPartyUniqueOrCommonItem() )
-Millian's "Grilka note" is now considered a unique reward with a potion as a common reward
-Utredi's Ring is now considered a unique reward with a potion as a common reward
-The Captain's Regrets is now considered a unique reward with a potion as a common reward
-The Horse Whispers are now considered a unique reward with a potion as a common reward
-The Slurm PSP Reward Note is now considered a unique reward with a potion as a common reward
-added progress tracking messages inspired by the DNXQ system to the AQ/BQ/EQ systems
-updated the meta quest for extermination quests to generalize it a little better so that it also makes sense for exhaustion quests (DNXQ!)
-fancied up most of the artifact quest and boss quest journal entries with color tags.
-fixed a typo in the Ork BQ Journal entry (Orc => Ork)
-removed an unused/unneeded journal entry for the Rob Zombie BQ
-removed an unused/unneeded journal entry for the Mob Barley BQ
-fixed some other random typos and reworded some journal entries as I stumbled through them
-cleaned up some comments and inconsistencies (ones without reason) in the AQ/BQ/EQ/XQ system scripts
-reassigned the Kobold Mines quest tag from "q1" to DNXQ1"
-updated the Kobold Mines quest journal entry - it is now filed under Extermination Quests, and re-assigned to Mikas for quest giving purposes, rather than to Fandor; updated the XP reward to be not hard coded in script, but driven by journal set value
-redesigned the Kobold Mine Quest encounter blueprints to work with new DNXQ system and refreshed the encounter instances
-moved Fandor and his POST WP inside the Harborside mines so he spawns next to Mikas; adjusted their positions so Mikas should be seen first
-set DNXQ control variables on Mikas so that he can act as the Kobold Mine Quest Giver
-created a new NPC dwarf outside the Harborside Mines to direct PCs to Fandor and Mikas for Kobold Quests
-Kobold Thugs in the Mines no longer quest items when killed; their Head item is marked for deletion
-largely re-wrote and re-structure Fandor and Mikas's dialogs
-added ZIP points near boss spawns in Kobold Snuggery and Spelunca caves
-updated Weary Trav dialog to list the aforementioned ZIP points
-added a placeholder journal entry for a future DNXQ quest development idea

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
arQon
Posted: Feb 12 2018, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

2018-02-12-kev-mod.zip and 2018-02-12-kev-hak.zip - LIVE

imported dave_xq_180211.zip

more bits and pieces of fog work

removed references to the Simple crafter's apron and ats no-drop journals in the ats mastercrafter inventories (figured if i didn't upload this now i'd forget about it)

(NOTE: the initial upload of this broke pretty much everything time-related. it's been updated with the fix, but if you downloaded it already please get the new version from the server)

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
arQon
Posted: Feb 18 2018, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

2018-02-17-kev-mod.zip - LIVE

redrew the giedi monastery encounters so the npcs respawn when players return from the pantheon

since bw reuses the OnAttacked script for OnDamaged as well, sable would respond to spell damage (including ele shields) by HIPSing when there was no benefit to doing so (well, aside from it making her untargetable for the NEXT spell, which IS pretty beneficial, but she's not your typical "OH NOES, Mez/Necro i fall over and die!" rogue, so...). tweaked things so she only HIPSes in response to physical attacks.

keys would not be autolooted if "autoloot other items" was off. (and nor would relics). since both of those are things that certainly SHOULD be looted, anything that falls into the category and has the Plot flag set will now be autolooted regardless of the "other items" setting. (unless autoloot is disabled completely).

henchmen with powered-up Set Items can be now be dismissed or leveled up without needing to unequip those items first.

mod's all yours dave

--------------------
dave> he prolly kill it
PM
dave
Posted: Feb 19 2018, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-01-01-dn1server-dave-hak.zip
areag.ini updated to support 035 patch features

2018-02-18-DN1-dave-mod.zip
-DN now requires the 035 TLK, 035 TLK hak, and the swamp_v4 hak [NEW!]
-added new Broken Nexus portal placeable model to MCDark and to the Nexus Dust Plume
-updated sound design in several Sewer Tileset areas
*Pits of Hathsin had no placed sound objects
*Paradan Sewers had some inconsistencies I noted the other night
-fixed a 3 of 2 typo in the kobold boss quest journal entry
-Giedi and Babaeyl Armories will now buy belts
-swapped out Wail of the Banshee (spell) for Wail of the Banshee (monster ability) on Augu Banshee
-updated quest progress messaging for AQ/BQ/EQ/XQ systems (untested)
*inactive quests should no longer report progress if you, for example, kill a boss without first accepting the Quest
-deployed a Magic Fish to the Fox and Hound
-updated various deity books with new appearances (added in 035) and added them to the temple stores (10 years late, heh)
-players ought to be able to cycle through all available robe appearances now via the craft feat menu; for now, this is not yet fully functional, but it's getting there

-rebuilt scripts
Installed/live

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
dave
Posted: Feb 19 2018, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

shad but true

2018-02-19-DN1-dave-mod.zip - LIVE
-improved robe crafting working through x0_skill_ctrap
*you can change robes without aborting & duping now. BW Dupe bugs still exist though.

--------------------
Dreu Noctem

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Server Status and Information | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0353 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]