> Personal Vendors, cleanout time
Tamur
Posted: Aug 9 2003, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Tysk

Group: DN Dungeon Master
Member No.: 94

hi all,

First, a friendly reminder - please take a little time to clean out any junk from your personal vendors. There are a number of vendors with very loaded misc. pages who probably don't really want to be selling dragon blood and roc feathers.

Second, there has been a veritable outcry for personal vendor space in the past week. In keeping with this, we'd like all unused vendors to be fired by their respective owners so that others can use them.

Currently there are three vendors who I'm fairly sure aren't being actively used. One belongs to Shadguy, and he's going to be taking care of the firing of his soon.

The other two belong to the characters Jinian Ar' Cain and to Creunk. I don't think I've ever seen the owner of Creunk ingame, but I do recognize Jinian's name from a good while back.

If anyone has contact with the players behind these characters, could you kindly inform them that their vendors will be fired by a DM if they haven't contacted one of us (myself, Exm, Enigma, jivany, or Shadguy) by Friday next.

This will allow at least a few of our new regulars to have PVs. Thanks!

Tamur

--------------------
Miller stressed exercise should not be replaced with laughter, but did recommend people try to laugh about 15 minutes a day in conjunction with thirty minutes of exercise three times a week. - 8 Mar 2005, Halifax Live
PMEmail PosterYahoo
NatNit
Posted: Aug 9 2003, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Not gnat knit. NatNit!

Group: DN Module Designer
Member No.: 106

Woot, this sounds very very cool smile.gif I've kinda been yearning for one, but didn't really want to whine to the DMs like a little brat mellow.gif. Thanks.

--------------------
NatNit

Currently Playing:

Evelyn Jantiss - L24 Fighter/RDD Half-Orc (with Hayli!)
Gretel Monadnock - L12 Elven Rogue/AA (with Delin!)
Agnil - L6 "Game Night" Human Bard/RDD/CoT
Gaia - L13 Human

PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Bass69
  Posted: Aug 9 2003, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Speaker to Rogues

Group: Dreu Noctem Player
Member No.: 123

I'll whine for you Natnit.

Bass tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Aug 9 2003, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

I'll clean out Vurks since he usually just drops for Rani and Thalia, so someone else can use him too.

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Erinye
Posted: Aug 9 2003, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Heartbreaker

Member No.: 80

I can clean out Merippi's miscellaneous pages, but I was intentionally putting stuff there for people to use for crafting unique recipes. I didn't know what anyone actually needed for recipes in tradeskills I haven't done myself, so I was sticking everything there, but I'll go see what she has a lot of now and assume no one uses that stuff.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
PMEmail Poster
dave
Posted: Aug 10 2003, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

shad but true

Group: DN Design Lead
Member No.: 78

QUOTE (Tamur @ Aug 9 2003, 10:36 AM)
One belongs to Shadguy, and he's going to be taking care of the firing of his soon.

This was done friday night evening.

--------------------
Dreu Noctem
- featuring arQon's EMS Spell system
- DN Bug reports go here or here!

[12:32] <arQon> i can design a munchkin in 2 minutes, but it takes me hours to pick a name :P
PMUsers Website
Exm
Posted: Aug 10 2003, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3

With regard to stuffing a lot of items on your PVs, please be aware that you are asking for trouble by doing so.

Items may fail to load properly after a server reset/crash if your PV's store is full!!!

A quick look through the database just a few minutes ago revealed certain PVs holding over 700 individual items - one even totaled nearly 7000 items! Unless these numbers are mostly made of of stacks of 99 arrows -- which is, in fact, the case for the one PV who is carrying the ~7000 items -- this is asking for trouble.

Though the worse thing that can happen from a PV's store being full is it being unable to load all items (everything else will continue to work fine), keep in mind that no items lost in this manner will be restored. Ever.

The database search also revealed a lot of wealthy vendors. Some PCs had well over 200k from sales waiting for them on their PV - remember to collect your gold frequently. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Exm on Aug 10 2003, 02:31 PM

--------------------
Exm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Bowa
Posted: Aug 10 2003, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 120

QUOTE (Erinye @ Aug 9 2003, 10:18 PM)
I can clean out Merippi's miscellaneous pages, but I was intentionally putting stuff there for people to use for crafting unique recipes.

Woah! There are unique recipes? How does one learn of them - is it by quest reward, experimenting, bribing the DM with chocolate, or what?

wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Exm
Posted: Aug 10 2003, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Bowa @ Aug 10 2003, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (Erinye @ Aug 9 2003, 10:18 PM)
I can clean out Merippi's miscellaneous pages, but I was intentionally putting stuff there for people to use for crafting unique recipes.

Woah! There are unique recipes? How does one learn of them - is it by quest reward, experimenting, bribing the DM with chocolate, or what?

wink.gif

They automatically show up once you are skillful enough to craft them - they require various items monsters drop (and sometimes other stuff too).

--------------------
Exm
Dustbunny
Posted: Aug 14 2003, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Balor in the Hole!

Member No.: 84

If stacks of crafted arrows and potions pose a problem, then I can just let inventory run down to lower levels and let them run out. Crafting ingredients have been removed as well.

On a related note, I would ask that players don't dispose of unwanted items on player vendors. Items such as pieces of meat, stacks of bolts and bullets should not be sold to player vendors. There are trash cans for disposal of unwanted items. If you sell it to a player vendor, then the item gets saved until the owner comes by to clean it up. It's about as pleasant a task as having to pick up a smoke butt someone flicked on to your front lawn.

Mod team : to make it a little easier, is it possible to add a garbage can in the trading post? People seem to go there a lot now to between adventures. Inevitably, there are stuff that everyone picked up that they later realize they don't want. Instead of having to run back to the smith shop in the fort to find a garbage can, it's more convenient to dump them on the vendor, which is what I suspect happens. A garbage can nearby would make it easier to do what everyone wants to do but is too lazy to go through 3 transitions to do. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sarifna
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Group: Banned
Member No.: 129

Any update on getting more player vendors allocated?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Exm
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Sarifna @ Aug 30 2003, 06:19 PM)
Any update on getting more player vendors allocated?

Likely not soon. It requires rescripting the entire PV "interface" and part of the design so that there is only one NPC-PV that serves multiple stores rather than having a 1:1 ratio of NPC-PVs vs Stores.

This is assuming CreateObject's ability to change tags actually works as intended. If it does, the maximum amount of PVs (or PS? Player Shops?) available will probably jump to 999 (or potentially unlimited...).

--------------------
Exm
Strider
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 03:48 AM
Quote Post

PowerMuchkinGamer

Member No.: 186

The other night we were getting some TMI (Too Manny Instruction) errors comming from the Player Vendors. As our crafting and buy/sell market is quite prosperous now adays, it's time to get a few words out...

The vendors can only hold so many items. What this number is and how to detect it is less science and more 'not going overboard'. smile.gif

If your Vendor has too much stuff, and the server resets, you risk the chance of loosing everything. Gold, items - gone, your vendor will be empty.

To prevent this from happening, a few suggestions:
  • Please try to limit the copies of items on your vendor. There really isn't much demand for more than one copper quarterstaff at a time. smile.gif
  • It is popular and very apreciated practice that crafters sell ATS tools for others. However, please dont' go overboard. Keep it down to 5 or so of any one kind of item. Take note that most people don't bother buying anything less than gold tools. So stay away from stocking the lesser metals unless there is a request for them.
  • We have a rack in AFK for donations to new players/characters. If you'd like to make that stack of cure light wounds available, please use that rather than your vendor. Remember that each item in a stack counts towards the total number of items on your vendor, and will speed up the "boom" process. Yes this could be a problem if your into selling crafted potions & amunition...
  • We should avoid placing creature bodyparts on vendors. There are exceptions to this rule, but please don't sell the parts to the vendors. From time to time crafters will request certain items to build stuff, but even then we should probably just give them to the crafter in question.
  • PLEASE avoid dumping 'not usefull but sellable' loot onto vendors. This includes (Non-ATS) stuff like gems, jewelry, non-recipie books etc. I'm talking stuff like copper rings, your starting robe, torches, etc. Even basic weapons like a longsword - put them on the AFK rack please. smile.gif If your stocking ignots to help other crafters out, please don't stock ones that you can buy from NPCs.
These are just a few suggestions. It's not the law, but it's meant to help everyone involved. wub.gif Do note, having overstacked vendors can contribute to lag, so it's in our best interest to keep our vendors under control.

I'll update this thread if there are any other comments/ideas. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Strider on Feb 9 2005, 04:02 AM

--------------------
Neil "Strider" Looby
DM Avatar: Zerroffe Traptripper
NWN Screen Shots Gallery
Dreu Noctem Characters

Sometimes you burn a bridge. Othertimes you have to napalm it.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Emaleth_Donnelaith
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 05:03 AM
Quote Post

Dragonslayer

Group: DN Dungeon Mistress
Member No.: 59

Great ideas there, especially on the donating racks. Personally I tend to put alot of my 'outdated' items into the racks (heh heh greater magic robes, rings of higher fort, etc.), mainly due to not wanting to bother running around to try and see what merchant will buy them back. It's not like a person can't make the gold back, more so when a player is a crafter.

With my miner Vurk, sometimes he'll buy shadow tools, but most times he will make his own (he can use the tools only being neutral). A suggestion if I could make here... don't make all those shadow weapons and all unless you get a request as many of the players cannot use them for the restrictions. I know there are a couple of evil characters in DN, but I doubt that they all use the shadow eq exclusively as it really isn't the best as far as bonuses IMHO.

For other tools, Sister buys the gold pestles and ladles, but seeming the winery is right in the next area, no need for her to stock up. And she won't buy or use anything less than gold. Again though, Vurk can make for her as well if need be, but I do like buying from other players and keeping Vurk as the 'Sugar Daddy' of all my characters :-) So in short, just pay heed to what Neil posted and be careful with your vendors! With these script rollings happening, it's not fun when you can't exit a merchants store due to it like I was the other day!

Remember with the crafting of weapons, armors, shields, jewelry, archery and I believe clothing as well, there are chests that items can be sold at, so if you have a surplus of 100 bronze daggers or 75 rubicite longswords.. use the chests to get the gold or resmelt them and get the skill points you need. Sure you can't make as much as a vendor can, but hey, you are crafting to make yourself a Master right? You will be able to make unlimited gold especially by then.

--------------------
My Alter-Ego's here on Dreu Noctem

DM Avatar - Miss Red Ruby Deelight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Strider
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

PowerMuchkinGamer

Member No.: 186

BUMP for informational since we have alot of new players:

We've been seeing an increase in the amount of "Junk" on player vendors. Please don't sell stuff to the player vendors if they aren't yours. There are normal stores that will buy everything and stacks of Cure Potions or Heal Kits can only lead to trouble and lag on vendors. smile.gif

--------------------
Neil "Strider" Looby
DM Avatar: Zerroffe Traptripper
NWN Screen Shots Gallery
Dreu Noctem Characters

Sometimes you burn a bridge. Othertimes you have to napalm it.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | DN: The AFK Lounge - Community Discussion and Off Topic Chatter | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0286 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]